Precise Systems is a professional services company currently working for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Air Force; competing as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under several NAICS codes. Our core competencies include systems engineering, program and project management, logistics, information technology and cyber security, and software development services. We were founded in 1990 and since our establishment we have been providing cutting edge solutions and support to our warfighters. We understand and provide expert consultation on network and weapons systems acquisition programs, maintenance/modernization programs, and sustainment programs.
We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer to support a specific project for our Charleston, SC customer. The Test Engineer is needed for a java development position to support a U.S. Navy reporting and tracking system for Acquisition programs. The position requires domain-specific problem solving and communications skills (DoD and U.S. Navy) in addition to extensive experience with development and application support techniques and tools. The selected candidate will be responsible for the test and evaluation of software to support business application projects for the U.S. Navy.
The selected candidate will perform the following:
- Develops testing processes and procedures, including but not limited to Test & Evaluation Master Plans, User Acceptance Test Plans, End-to-end Test Plans, Feature Test Plans, and more
- Performs software validation/verification according to SOPs. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing application requirements and installation requirements, architecture components, design, development standards as well as all applicable quality system documentation.
- Writes and executes test scripts to ensure that quality software is provided for release to production
- Reviews requirements, specifications and documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the programs and processes to be certified. May be required to become a functional expert on various features of the system.
- Generate functional decomposition of applications to ensure adequate test coverage across feature test plans
- Provides or validates estimates for assigned tasks.
- Under moderate supervision, creates and modifies test scripts to certify system changes
- Develops test control databases
- Investigates and reports defects and appropriate test metrics
- Maintains test databases and ensures their integrity and currency
- Distributes test data from control database to development staff to satisfy adequate unit testing
- Assists in the identification, development, maintenance review and approval of required quality system documentation
- Assists with regulatory submissions preparations as required
- Assists with configuration management tasks on a project (test scripts, source code control, and coordination of requirement changes) as required
- Releases completed projects into production
- May write trace-ability matrices and test reports
- May perform minor program changes or develop software programs as required
- Participate in all areas of the Project Life-cycle / Software Development Life-cycle with the team
- Experience working with the US Navy, or more specifically, working with U.S. Navy Acquisition programs
- Experience in customer service relations and problem solving
- Experience working with Agile test management tools such as QASymphony, FitNesse or Mozilla Testopia
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 to 7 years of related software testing experience.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Precise Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Precise Systems, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Precise Systems, Inc. encourages and supports workplace diversity.