Food Team Member position is a front line position responsible for a wide variety of task to include but not limited to; taking orders, serving, prepping, stocking, organizing, and operating a cash register. WEEK DAYS SHIFTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PART TIME OR FULL TIME HOURS AND REQUIRE THAT YOU BE AVAILABLE 3 DAYS A WEEK, ONE DAY BEING FRIDAY.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for prompt attention to a wide variety of tasks within food services.
- Take orders, serving, preparing, and storing high quality food, measuring ingredients, understanding time and temperature tables to record information, answering guest questions about menu items and pricing, and proper cash handling procedures when applicable.
- Stock and organize the kitchen, food lines, food bars, work areas and eating areas ensuring the proper pulling, delivery, rotation, and storage of product.
- Provide prompt, courteous attention to guest orders while serving and/or preparing high quality food for our guests’ enjoyment.
- Provide prompt attention in correctly filling supply orders received by verbal, radio transmission and written orders.
- Filling orders for stock and organizing work area, proper pulling, delivery, rotation, and storage of product, recording information, and answering guest questions regarding menu items and pricing.
- Maintain cleanliness in all work areas while moving throughout the Park.
- Prepare and serve food that complies with expected Dollywood quality, quantity, and presentation and state health code requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness of any surfaces used for eating on or serving food from, washing dishes, maintaining proper sanitation, cleanliness of general area, scrubbing, sweeping, mopping, trash removal, etc.
- Greet each guest with a cordially, treating each guest as an individual.
- Provide continuous service and attention to details, ensuring Guest satisfaction.
- Suggestively sell to Guest and thank them for coming.
- Willing to work at different locations on Park.
- Be able to answer guest questions concerning Park layout and menu item availability.
- Understand and practice safe food handling at all times, following Sevier County regulations and ServSafe guidelines.
- Be compliant with all safety standards within Sevier County relating to personal safety and the safety of fellow hosts and guests.
- Follow all procedures/standards affecting Foods financial standing such as portion control, suggestive selling, clocking in/out properly, and completion of tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand and follow all Start Fresh procedures.
- Learn and memorize 4-Critical Safety Standards.
- Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS NECESSARY TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Able to display and live out our Lead with Love principles strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Able to use equipment such as, but not limited to, cash registers, guest ordering systems, grills, fryers, steam kettles, drink machines, dough machines, ovens, warmers, popcorn machines, ice cream machines, knives, slicers, wedgers, rolling carts, carrying trays, tray jacks, dishwashers, bus tubs and carts, dollies, brooms, mops, etc.
- Basic math skills necessary to count out change to guests as applicable.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds with or without 2 person lift. 30+ pounds require a 2 person lift.
- Must take Start Fresh training, as well as implement all safety aspects of Start Fresh training
- Must be able to work and tolerate temperatures ranging from 0 to 120 degrees.
- Must comply with all Health Dept., Serv Safe, and Company regulations pertaining to Food Safety Handling Procedures.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Employees may be required to be 18 years of age to operate some equipment.
- At least 6 months of previous foods experience preferred.
- At least 6 months of previous customer service preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.