Make your mark in tennis. Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Our Creative Director, On-Air Promotions manages, develops, and produces innovative, brand-defining creative that engages fans in all places they experience Tennis Channel. THIS ROLE REQUIRES 5-7 YEARS OF HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE AS WRITER/PRODUCER, WITH SOME ON-AIR PROMO EXPERIENCE.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works as an integral part of a team to promote Tennis Channel and its related entities in all promotional materials produced by Tennis Channel.
- Translates creative strategies into marketing campaigns intended to entertain and engage consumers.
- Serves as a department liaison, responsible for communication with other internal teams (production, ad sales, programming, etc.).
- Manages producers to create compelling promos, sizzles, and pitch brand-specific ideas that launch new campaigns, generate tune-in of Tennis Channel and engagement of its related entities' content.
- Scripts strongly compelling campaign concepts and treatments.
- Helps more junior writer/producers write copy and scripts that bring to life the brand and deliver on creative brief objectives and strategies.
- Oversees junior producers in their production of all materials produced in support of creative campaigns for Tennis Channel's tournament coverage, original programming, and other content on Tennis Channel, its digital platforms and related entities.
- Develops original copy, concepts, scripts, ideas and pitches that fit Tennis Channel's brand.
- Helps lead creative development and inspires a high level of creative standards for all collaborators— works closely with our GFX design, digital and other departments to create a cohesive campaign that translates across all platforms.
- Utilizes strong, high-level, conceptual thinking to create work campaignable across all screens.
- Fosters and contributes to an environment of collaboration.
- Generates creative that connects to our audience and inspires them to share/watch/talk about Tennis Channel.
- Partners and collaborates closely with Executive Director of On-Air Creative and peers to ensure concepts resonate, meet goals and drive desired results.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years hands-on experience as writer/producer REQUIRED, with some on-air promo experience
- Experience working at a sports channel
- An interest in and knowledge of tennis and the pro sport
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines with enthusiasm, creativity and drive
- Good organizational, planning and time-management skills when working on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Proactive, positive personality
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
TENNIS CHANNEL IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE!