At Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital - Fort Worth the Registered Nurse Clinical Electronic Healthcare Records Analyst will assist with the education, training, and support of business information and electronic healthcare records (EHR) systems across multiple departments.
NOTE: The roles and responsibilities of this position do not include direct patient care.
Responsible for software monitoring and training (to include working directly with nurses and physicians, other clinical providers), in support of hospital EHR Services as a resource to hospital staff, administration, Medical Staff, and other Departments. Registered Nurse Clinical Analyst will assess clinical and non-clinical processes to identify potential opportunities within his or her scope to provide solutions that assist in achieving organizational goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the Joint Commission EHR survey process, EHR Medicare survey process, and monitors hospital-wide adherence to all requirements.
- Implement policies, procedures and associated training plans for the EHR; leads, consults and instructs for implementation of process changes, etc.
- Training of staff on proper use of EHR and EHR documentation related to the care of the patient; reviews and evaluates recommended practices for standardizations to charting functionality with the EHR
- Implements and evaluates appropriate programs as requested by Senior Management, department director and works with home office initiatives incorporate to local facility.
- Maintains records and collects statistical data for administrative decision-making and regulatory purposes.
- Assist in workflow development
- Assist in system customization
- Submit and manage support tickets to Director and/or AMS customer support as needed; review monthly user lists and works with leaders to ensure appropriate access is maintained
- Support go-live events, per director or designee
- Identify, document and track issues, escalating as appropriate for timely resolution
- Maintain application appropriate documentation
- Acts as a primary resource and provides guidance to licensed and non-licensed personnel.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Collaborates with multiple departments to ensure that patient care documentation and charge entry is within accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Exhibits appropriate quality service behaviors in meeting and/or exceeding the needs of departmental customers, co-workers and others they encounter as representative of BSHFW.
- Reviews and provides direct input into order sets, charting components and other clinical workflows that enhance patient care and provide a more complete medical record, including training and educating the end-user of these techniques.
- Utilizes reports and queries as needed to support data review and assimilation to enhance work that includes the EHR for clinical documentation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization habits.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly in a fast pace and dynamic environment with strong knowledge base relative to surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient.
- Demonstrates good conduct by positive interaction with hospital employees and physicians.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Basic knowledge of continuous quality improvement ideology.
- Fosters timely and effective communications with physicians that promote enhanced services and problem resolution.
- Possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Healthcare Record system.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred but not required.
- Current Texas Nursing License.
- BLS required. ACLS preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience with medical EHR systems, Cerner preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Familiar with the use of the electronic record with strong skills in computer technology, such as MS Office products, etc.