Belcampo Bartenders are expected to help create an excellent dining experience by creating hand crafted artisanal alcoholic beverages, which highlights Belcampo's menu and the company's commitment to quality. Bartenders fill drink orders either directly from guests at the bar or through servers who place drink orders for dining room customers. Bartenders must know a wide range of drink recipes and be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create a classic and innovative drink in accordance with the customer's needs and expectations. Belcampo bartenders are expected to create drinks correctly, quickly, and without waste. They also must work well with waiters and waitresses and other kitchen staff to ensure that customers receive prompt service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Attending to guests from the moment they walk in the door until they depart. Help Guests select food and beverages by presenting menus; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting coursesexplaining chef specials; identifying appropriate cocktails, spirits, wines; answering food preparation questions. Transmit food orders to kitchen by accurately recording guest selections and serve orders to guests in a timely manner.
• Maintains guest setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs. Clearing/ re-setting as needed.
• Complete ongoing, daily, weekly and monthly side work on time
• Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
• Maintains full knowledge of all Belcampo products, the Belcampo Story, Farm/Animal information, and all in-house SOPs.
• Stay up-to-date on promotions and marketing. Maintain proper in-store marketing and messaging per Management's instructions
• Act as the face and the voice of our company: convey our story to our guests
• Assist with Inventory organization and counts when needed
• Contributes to team effort by going above and beyond duties described here
• Prepare hand crafted alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages to the highest quality and attention to detail
• Have extensive Spirits brands expertise, including small-batch artisanal producers and surveyors
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Operate cash registers, collect payments from customers, and return change
• Attention to detail and aesthetic presentation of all aspects of beverages
• 2+ year of bartending in an upscale bar
• High school diploma/GED recommended
• Relevant training certificate
• This positions requires an employee who can work walking and standing for 8 hours a day
• Lift approximately 25 pounds
• 50% off at our restaurants and butcher shops;
• Eligible for our retirement plan after 90 days;
• Flexible schedules;
• Pre-tax commuter benefits;
• Opportunity for growth within the company;
• Generous paid sick time policy (up to 9 days per year)