The Busser is a part of Belcampo's service team who is responsible for providing a knowledgeable and seamless experience for our guests. They are dedicated to creating a warm and inviting environment in our stores for both our guests and our team members. Our bussers are customer service oriented with a high focus on delivery and quality service. Our bussers are responsible for maintaining a clean restaurant, from the bathrooms, dining room, outdoor areas, and the guests tables themselves. In order for our restaurant to be competitive and successful in this fact-paced business, all front of house team members are expected to pitch in wherever needed to ensure smooth operation at Belcampo Meat Company.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs. Clearing/ re-setting tables as needed.
- Clean the following areas throughout the shift: Outdoor areas, bathrooms, all guest areas within the restaurant, BOH storage.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly side work on time
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
- Maintains full knowledge of all Belcampo products, the Belcampo Story, Farm/Animal information, and all in-house SOPs
- Stay up-to-date on promotions and marketing. Maintain proper in-store marketing and messaging per Management's instructions
- Act as the face and the voice of our company: convey our story to our guests
- Assist with Inventory organization and counts when needed
- Contributes to team effort by going above and beyond duties described here
JOB COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Familiar with standard restaurant operations and safe beverage service
- Customer service knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in greeting and servicing customers
- Demonstrated ability to maintain proper condition and sanitation of dining areas and servicing tools
- Passionate about good, sustainable food
- Upbeat professional who has a proven talent for reading guests and anticipating their needs
- Very competent at serving food and attending to the customers needs
- Special talent for clearing and cleaning tables and washing dishes
- Proactive; always looking for the next task and never standing still
- Stay calm under pressure in an effort to provide a seamless service experience
- Upbeat and positive personality with a desire to learn
- Experience and flexibility with POS systems
- Able to appropriately clock in and out of the POS
- 2-3 years bussing/serving experience serving in a high-quality food environment
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Servesafe required
- This position requires an employee who can work standing 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Lift approximately 40 pounds