Bluestem Brands, Inc. is the parent company to a number of eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Security Engineer to join our Security Operations team in Eden Prairie, MN. The Security organization is an integral part of Technology, reporting independently to Legal. This group is designed to work autonomously, yet very collaboratively with Technology and all of the many brands and businesses at Bluestem.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Regularly interface with personnel at all levels and within all divisions within Bluestem.
- Contribute to and support a holistic enterprise-wide information security program.
- Identify opportunities for improving Bluestem’s security posture by reducing risk
- Provide interpretation and technical security guidance to assist with remediation efforts.
- Investigate Security Incidents to determine cause and provide details to business
- Demonstrate technical aptitude along with corroborative demeanor with Technology and business counterparts
- For security incidents, you will:
- Maintain an effective and efficient Security Incident Response Team (SIRT).
- Optimize and develop operations utilizing the security information and event management (SIEM) system.
- Provide guidance and content expertise to ensure the capture and quality of logs across a broad range of technology platforms.
- Coordinate between teams in major incidents and being an active participant on BSB’s Technology Active Response Team.
- Keep abreast of the latest incident response processes and technologies.
- Maintain key incident response metrics and reports.
- For threat intelligence, you will be:
- Develop containment and mitigation strategies to control and remove threats.
- Manage, optimize, and develop operations of systems for detecting customized and advanced threat malware.
- Leverage threat intelligence, triage and investigation using indicators of compromise.
- Assist with forensic investigations including malware analysis.
- Facilitate, coordinate and conduct periodic testing.
- Identify, evaluate and manage incidents regarding complex threats to information security.
- Continually monitor and evaluate security operations, investigative processes, automation, threat hunting techniques, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Degree from accredited university or technical school with a major/minor in MIS, Computer Science, etc. Candidates without degree, but with commensurate experience, will be considered. Additional certifications such as Security+, GIAC GSEC, CISSP, etc., are a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in security operations roles.
- Retail and/or financial services industry experience.
- Proven history and experience working in an agile culture that embraces cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Hashicorp, etc.).
- Experience working in a PCI-compliant environment.
- Understanding of security controls and preferred practices securing varying platforms (i.e., network, operating system, databases and application layers including web and source code security).
- Working knowledge and operational experience with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Knowledge and practical experience with modern security technologies and controls in datacenter and cloud environments.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with securing web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, APIs, Service Oriented Architectures, mobile, etc.).
- Strong knowledge and extensive security operating experience working with Windows and Linux.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of malware families, botnets, threats by sector, various attack campaigns, attacker methods, and tools/techniques/practices.
- Scripting experience or ability to interpret script (i.e., Python, PowerShell, Terraform, HCL, etc.).
Make sure to check us out and follow us!