Bolt is seeking to increase the number of founders we invest in and support. We are looking for a principal to join our investment team and help us find the next generation of startups at the intersection of hardware and software. Candidates must thrive in the fast-moving venture community and, like the rest of our team, be highly autonomous. We're looking for someone who is humble and has a high degree of empathy for the founders we back and the risks they take.
This is a full time role at our San Francisco office.
- Lead the firm's effort to identify and evaluate new companies for investment.
- Participate in all aspects of investment due diligence including technical feasibility, market sizing, and industry research.
- Design and execute projects and programs that help Bolt attract new portfolio companies or support existing ones.
- Attend board meetings and support existing portfolio companies with introductions to potential hires, investors, and customers.
- Design, attend, and support a broad range of events that Bolt hosts.
- Build long-term relationships with founders and other venture investors relevant to Bolt's ecosystem of startups.
- At a minimum, three to five years of work experience. This could include operating experience at a venture-backed startup but previous venture investing experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. Physics, engineering or computer science degree(s) are preferred.
- We are open to candidates both with and without an MBA.
- Excitement to become a key member of the investment team. We intend for this role to be long term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career.
- Extremely proactive and self-directed. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Warm introductions to a member of our investment team are preferred. Alternatively, apply via the link below.