SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS NEEDED-MANHATTAN LOCATION
SCHOOL YEAR HOURS- 10 AND 12 MONTH POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
Our client, a well known and respected non-profit, is looking for Special Education Teachers for their location in Manhattan. You must be at least a Certified Special Education Teacher and certified in Early Childhood Education by the Board of Education to apply.
- New York State Certification in Special Education for Special Education Teachers
- New York State Certification in Early Childhood Education or N-6 (for Day Care and UPK Teachers)
- Meet all additional NY State Certification requirements
- MUST be fingerprinted, or willing to be fingerprinted, by the Board of Education and the Department of Investigation
- Must be registered on the TEACH website.
- Certified completion of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND CHILD ABUSE COURSES
- Pre-employment Physcial Exam (within one year), with documentation of:
- MMR proof of immunization
- $25 money order to cover SCR background check
Under general direction, is responsible for conducting educational classes for special education pre-school and school age students or Early Intervention, Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) or Day Care programs in accordance with the needs of the students and in accordance with the regulations and requirements of the applicable governmental and other regulatory agencies. Is the team leader of each student's team. The Teacher is a management position and supervisory position. Is responsible for supervising Teacher Assistants assigned to his/her team. Interviews, effectively recommends hire, discipline termination, and suspension; resolving grievances, schedules, orient; responsibly directs; completes probationary and annual evaluations; and commends Teacher Assistants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Teacher will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans and conducts classes/activities adapted to needs of students.
- Assesses and prepares IFSP/IEP's. Implements and evaluates short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Participates in activities pertaining to student transitioning.Participates in Initial Evaluations and Intake processes.
- Provides educational assessment and evaluation on students annually in all educational domains.
- Prepares and adapts all individual and group lesson plans and materials, equipment and furniture arrangement and necessary modifications of environment.
- Maintains records of daily attendance and progress.
- Writes periodic progress reports, annual reports and other data as requested.
- Ensures that services are rendered to students with utmost regard for their personal dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
- Participates in activities outside classroom where necessary i.e. trips, pool, gym, libraries, lab, etc.
- Serves and participates as a member at interdisciplinary team meetings, Annual Reviews, Parent Meetings, Special Review Committee meetings, In-Services, etc. as required.
- Attends regular staff meetings, student reviews, district meetings and conferences.
- Orients, trains, evaluates, delegates, supervises work of and effectively recommends hiring, disciplining, suspending and terminating of Teacher Assistants assigned to his/her team.
- Obtains approval, requisitions and purchases class equipment and materials.
- Assists with transporting students between buses and building as needed.
- Implements universal precautions at all times.
- Assists with toileting, feeding and positioning students as needed.
- Attends supervisory and management meetings.
- Assists students on arrival and departure with their outer clothing as needed.
- Substitutes in another classroom as requested.
- Participates in in-service training programs as requested.
- Confers with director or other agency personnel regarding problems, questions and suggestions for programming or handling of students.
- Initiates precautions within established framework to assure that own work is completed in a manner free from recognized hazards.
- Attends parent meetings as requested.
- Confers with individual parents on program content and progress as it relates to their child.
- Assists with curriculum development.
- Provides supervision and training to student teachers.
- Keeps abreast of changes in field.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE CONTACT:
Account Manager, Bond Health Staffing
5824 12th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY, 11219
Office: 1-718-302-0040 ext. 201