POSITION: Program Support (Part-time, Seasonal approximately 15-20 hours/week)
Provide mentorship and engage youth members in activities and programs, which enables them to develop self-confidence and reach their full potential as productive, responsible, caring citizens. Directs the planning and implementation of National Club Programs and Local Initiative Activities that will leave a positive impact on youth members, while maintaining a positive, safe environment and atmosphere at all times.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Oversee the implementation of designated Site programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes and program quality.
- Maintain Site program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members.
- Effectively communicate standards of program; ensure program areas are safe and that School and Site equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Maintain the quality and expectations of Site programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Follow the direction and guidance given by the Site Coordinator and Program Director to ensure program quality.
- Assist in the monitoring of work assigned to program volunteers, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal.
- Assist in Site record keeping and grant reporting to be sure compliance expectations are met.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with members and staff.
- Develop commitment from members to ensure active participation in Programs and Activities.
- Empower members to be leaders through positive role modeling.
- Facilitate Grant Required Activities and National Program activities in the following areas: Character & Leadership, Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, The Arts, and Sports, Fitness, & Recreation.
- Provide recognition to members through positive validations, healthy incentives, and affirmation on a regular basis.
- Team building mentality is exemplified in all work done.
- Positively influence and uplift members and other affiliates.
- EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
- Attend and participate in Staff Training's, which is essential to professional development.
- Follow all policies and procedures at all times, including the Club’s Code of Conduct, which can be found in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow the direction given by the Program Coordinator to ensure site expectations are met.
- Must be able to INFORM important and relevant site information in staff meetings and to members, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be able to LISTEN to co-workers, parents, youth members and community and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates.
- Must be able to PRESENT important and relevant site information to supervisors.
- Must be able to WRITE and compose clear, concise, accurate written documentation and data reports as necessary.
- SUPERVISION & SAFETY
- Must be able to supervise up to 20 youth and keep members engaged and safe during program time.
- Provide sound and reasonable discipline to youth members at necessary times through written documentation (i.e. citation), and report to the Program Coordinator.
- Practice and constantly be aware of safe practices like Crisis Management, Emergency Preparedness, CPR and First Aid, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space at all times.
- OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid identification.
- Work experience with a Boys & Girls Club or other youth serving organization.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and the ability to get to and from work at the scheduled times.
- The Club has a mandatory overtime policy when required. This could extend your workday and/or may require working on Saturdays as needed. You must be available for this type of work schedule.
- Must have CPR/First Aid Certification upon employment (Adult, Child, Infant preferred) - Must be an in-person training, online certifications will not be accepted.
- Ability to organize, supervise, and reinforce positive behavior from members.
- Must pass a background check, TB and drug test.
- Must obtain Serve Safe Certification as applicable to the site(s).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Instructional Aide Qualified (Paraprofessional Test Required).
- Enthusiasm and patience for working with children and passion about education.
- Excellent student interaction skills in 1:1 and small group settings.
- Meet Staff Training requirements.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Maintain a high energy level and positive representation.
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Must be able to work in loud environments and communicate clearly.
- Stand for four plus hours per day.
- Stoop, bend, climb, and walk frequently.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Employer or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause.