Interested in making a difference in individual’s lives in your community? If so we may have the perfect job for you!!!
C2 Global Professional Services is an award-winning employment and training organization, that prepares and places people into productive jobs. We’re located in five regions in Texas and one in Florida. We strive to fulfill our mission by following our Core Values of “Respect, Communication, Customer Engagement and Ingenuity.”
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a competitive benefits plan which includes:
| ü Health Insurance (with no cost | ü Dental |
| options for employee only plans) | ü Vision |
| ü Wellness Reimbursement | |
| | ü Life Insurance |
| ü Generous Paid Time Off | |
| | ü Short and Long Term Disability |
| ü Paid Parental Leave | |
| | ü Pet Insurance |
| ü 401(K) with 6% Employer Match | |
POSITION: Career Counselor MINIMUM PAY: $17/hr
OVERVIEW: Under close supervision, this position serves as the single point of contact for the workforce system customer. Provides career counseling and ongoing case management to individual workforce system customers. Within existing rules, provides appropriate level of workforce services that are customized to meet the individual needs of the customers. Provide exceptional customer service to all workforce system users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding all C2 GPS applicable performance measures (i.e., Staff-guided Entered Employment, Employment Retention, etc…).
- Assists in the delivery of workforce services to customers at the Career Center.
- Interviews customers to assess the skills and education levels and overall needs.
- Identifies barriers that would prevent a successful engagement of the customers.
- May determine customer eligibility for program services and activities.
- Initiates as necessary, the assessment and evaluation of customer skills and abilities and interprets the information.
- Develops as necessary, a career plan through the Individual Employment Plan, and ensure the plan includes relevant goals to assist the customers in achieving the career objectives.
- Directs and connects customers to available resources at the Career center or in the community.
- Provides active case management and engage the customers in meaningful and relevant activities and maintains customer contact as required.
- Follows up with customers engaged in workforce activities and as required makes appropriate data entry for recording and tracking customers’ progress.
- Follows up with customers referred to employment opportunities (job referrals) and/or educational completion (credentials) regularly (including customers on the TWIST Exiter’s Report).
- Identifies customers’ support services needs and provide assistance in a timely manner, or refer customers to other resources in the community; ensures customers have the necessary support to stay engaged and complete workforce activities and successfully placed in employment.
- As necessary, provides customers information on Labor Market and employment trends, and refer them to the Business Service Unit for employment opportunities (i.e. job development, work experience, community service, etc.); refers customers, as appropriate to other services in the Career Center or community.
- Ensures that services provided to customers are data entered in the appropriate databases (WIT and TWIST and/or COLTS) using real time data entry.
- Uses reports from TWIST/WIT to assist in the management of customers’ activities and caseloads (i.e. TWIST Inactive report, etc.).
- Ensures customers are tracked timely and effectively to ensure C2 GPS performance goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensures proper exiting of cases according to policy and procedure.
- Accountable for self-monitoring of caseload and maintaining the accuracy of the data, the integrity of the case file and the confidentiality of the customers’ information.
- Maintains quality case files in appropriate case file order with all required documents and with all filing up to date.
- Data enters all services according to policies and procedures in a timely manner and as required by policies and procedures.
- Ensures that workforce activities are properly and accurately recorded in the system, TWIST, WIT, etc.
- Escorts customers to the Customer Satisfaction Survey computers prior to leaving the center, if applicable.
- Provides excellent customer service to center customers. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study, or
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study, and two (2) years of work experience in the public or private sector, preferably in workforce development, or
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited educational institution with four (4) years of work experience in the public or private sector, preferably in workforce development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with management, coworkers, workers from other programs and outside agencies, as well as the public.
- May be required to utilize a personal automobile for our agency’s related business requiring a current valid driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for finger coordination, reach with arms and hands, drive a vehicle, lift/carry 10 pounds of paper, stoop, kneel, talk and hear. Occasional travel required.
C2 Global Professional Services, LLC reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. Our policy prohibits employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, pregnancy, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Employment decisions can include hiring, firing, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions will be made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.