COLSA is seeking a Software Test Engineer who possesses a background in the DOD test community to provide support to the 96th TG Business Office at Eglin AFB, FL. You could be the critical missing piece to our team! In this exciting role, you will:
- Perform software testing on early development/prototype Cybersecurity tools.
- Administer the Avionics Cyber Range (ACR) sandbox computer security environment for the evaluation of prototype code and experimentation.
- Provide technical assistance to the ACR Investment Team in the evaluation of test tool software.
- Provide technical assistance in the design of virtualized test environments, eventually leading design efforts for the investment team.
- Use approved system cloning applications or devices to stand up systems for testing.
- Oversee the installation and configuration of tool evaluation application software, the establishment of user environments; configure servers, clients, and storage hardware and perform operating system upgrades and data backups.
- Write scripts or create applications to automate processes.
- Document and communicate evaluation results to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats.
- Assist with recommendations for analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and maintenance efforts.
- Follow Defense Information System Agency (DISA) guidelines on operating systems as well as USAF security updates, cybersecurity policies and procedures.
_At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here. _
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COMBINATIONS IS REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 0-3 years of technical experience -OR- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 4 years of technical experience -OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 6 years of technical experience.
- Experience in software test and evaluation.
- Experience in a virtualized server infrastructure environment using VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 4-6 and vCenter.
- Knowledge and understanding of ESXi, Linux, VMware, Windows Server Administration, SharePoint, Cisco, iSCSI enterprise, Active Directory, and virtual desktops.
- Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Active Secret clearance upgradable to Top Secret.
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise Systems Administration in an Active Directory environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in a virtualized server infrastructure environment using VMware ESXi 4-6 and vCenter.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems (i.e. Microsoft Server 2016/2012 R2, Windows Win7/Win10), with major emphasis on Domain Name Service, Active Directory, SQL, and Microsoft Systems Management Server.
- Experience in implementing DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- Experience in the operation of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in software development.
- Familiarity with DoD Risk Management Framework.
- Ability to communicate and present technical details both written and verbally is required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Visio).
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.