Grow with one of the world’s largest and oldest multi-billion dollar building products company with more than 60 manufacturing facilities in the US and Canada as Production Supervisor for the Fremont, CA location. This is a union plant of 125 employees operating Monday – Friday 24x5.
COMP & BENEFITS:
Competitive base salary plus 401K match, Pension Plan, onsite gym, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays, overtime 1x5, bonus potential up to 20%, Medical Benefits, relocation. Company cultures is one that goes above and beyond for employees.
Ensure alignment with production department objectives, leadership and direction for the activities of the assigned production crew to safely achieve production goals with cost standards. Demonstrate a commitment to quality to hold production worker accountable for meeting other duties. Effectively communicate with other production shifts and departments.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Reporting into the Production Manager this position is accountable for maintaining a safe work environment for assigned employees. Train, schedule and assign production personnel to work activities within the terms of the labor agreement.
- Monitor the production processes and product quality.
- Direct efforts to make adjustments to the process or equipment to maintain quality and production.
- Effectively communicate with maintenance, other production shifts, quality control personnel, warehouse personnel and plant management.
- Make corrections to malfunctioning equipment, established scheduling priorities, product changes, product quality, and the resolution of personnel problems.
- Enforce plant rules and regulations by maintaining work place organization and training requirements.
- Counsel employee and administer discipline when corrective action is necessary.
- Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Develop pride in the organization and products amongst employees.
- Primary role will be Production and must be willing and capable of overseeing quality, safety, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing.
- 5+ years of experience supervising operations in a manufacturing facility, preferably in a union environment.
- 4-year educational degree
- Leadership qualities necessary for additional advancement within the company
- Progressive and stable work history
- Adaptable, and drive customer focus