Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
The primary mission is to ensure the timely delivery of product based on exception processing of outbound and inbound loads using the corporate Transportation Management System (TMS) for carrier selection (based on cost, service, and level of commitment), accessorial processing, and proactively managing regional shipping area to increase automation and suggest/implement improvements.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: the following duties / responsibilities are representative of the nature / level of work assigned & are not necessarily all-inclusive
- Adhoc cross train and coordinate with GPI locations’ shipping /load planning coordinators, shipping managers, and production schedulers in order to minimize data entry errors within the manufacturing system and in order to meet logistics and production goals.
- Research consistent volume lanes within region, obtain permanent carrier rates on GPI rate addendum, and submit to Sourcing Manager for approval
- Weekly and monthly provide carrier operational info (carrier tender time-outs, tender rejections, etc.) and route guide adds & changes (provide analysis of savings/increase in cost per change requested) to Sourcing Managers
- Manage IB and OB regional shipments by exception, timely accessorial processing, and troubleshoot & resolve shipping issues with internal and external parties. Once exhausted, escalate to Lead
- Track and Trace shipments and provide pre-notifications on shipment status to internal and external customers.
- Actively work to identify and implement short and long-term solutions to match inbound and outbound shipments including researching inbound, 2ndary fiber carriers and evaluate if carrier meets requirements to cover outbound
- Solicit, negotiate, and award spot quoted loads to meet or exceed the Logistics cost/ton by BU goal according to department guidelines, procedures and approval processes.
- Once confirmed, daily escalate carrier accidents and bankruptcy to Leads, Supervisor, Sourcing Managers
- Actively work with contracted carriers on meeting/exceeding operational requirements (service levels, equipment commitments, resolve failures prior to requesting removal, etc.) and strengthen the partnership
- Attend carrier meetings and be prepared to discuss operation items that GPI needs for them to improve on, what they are performing well, etc.
- Weekly escalate BU operational issues to Planner Leads such as mode changes (permanent or short term?), GPI location short lead times, etc.
- Implement and maintain company policy and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with the USDOT requirements
- Proactively provide suggestions to Planner Leads to improve internal & external processes to automate workload, advance carrier performance, reduce issues to GPI end customers, improve GPI shipping, etc.
- In conjunction with the Logistics Sourcing Managers, Logistics Support, and Logistics Analytics, work with internal and external parties to bring issues to complete resolution
- Maintain continuous contact with transport service providers to understand their daily operations and secure and coordinate uninterrupted transportation services and materials flow to and from North American markets
- Maximize cost reduction and service opportunities through leveraging total corporate volume with truckload, less-than-truckload and intermodal freight carriers.
- Provide assistance on shipping issues to customer service groups, sales and marketing personnel, plant purchasing, and plant shipping personnel
- Provide weekend and evening support as needed based on the rotating schedule
- Actively maintain individual metrics that support individual, dept, and company goals
- Assist with other Transportation Operations related tasks/projects as needed
- Ensure adherence to all relative GPI policies & procedures
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or related field. Equivalent experience considered_Required:_
- 1-3 years as a Transportation Specialist/Planner utilizing a TMS (MercuryGate preferred) to manage shipments and transportation operations or logistics experience
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency in MS (Microsoft) Excel and Word
- Stable organizational skills, detail oriented, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload and deliver to timelines
- Ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Possess intellectual curiosity and initiative
- Must be creative, resourceful, organized & able to work well independently & as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced operational environment and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to use technology to solve business problems
Preferred / Plus
- Beginner to intermediate MS Access, Powerpoint, and Visio skills and intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Analytical skills and Experience with BI / BW or similar reporting tools
- Paper manufacturing industry experience and systems (SAP preferred)
- INTEGRITY & TRUST (GPI Core Competency): Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- ACTION ORIENTED(GPI Core Competency): Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- PRIORITY SETTING: Spends time on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations / requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Is thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Can motivate teams or project members; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; is someone people like working with.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States