This position serves as a strategic analyst by resolving escalated or high visibility/priority borrower complaints and inquiries through extensive research and strategic decision making. This position will have primary responsibility for resolving borrower complaints that originate through Executive Management Referrals, state Attorney General offices, Control & Congressional Mail, and other high profile entities. This role may also focus on editing the above, such as reviewing, analyzing and editing response resolutions. This position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive borrower, peer, management, and/or customer rapport.
- Capture and understand the true needs of customers, gather information efficiently and recommend solutions and improvements.
- May evaluate written responses to customers, provide feedback to peers, and ensure accuracy for the final product.
- Explain difficult and complex issues, and work to establish consensus to promote goals/address customer needs.
- Resolve individual customer issues through strategic decision making and sound judgment, driven by strong and comprehensive research and analysis. Make, track and advance all necessary adjustments through to resolution.
- Prepare and deliver resolution to highly escalated and complex customer issues, including development of formal, customized written responses to borrowers and high profile entities such as Executive Management, Congressional Leadership, state Attorney General offices, and other high profile entities, as necessary.
- Monitor outcomes for quality and alignment with goals and standards.
Assessment and Market Research
- Partner with relevant experts and stakeholders to gather research and investigate relevant details, facts and resolution opportunities.
- Identify trends, patterns, problems and potential improvements to borrower products, communications and experiences with primary focus on the borrowers – propose and/or implement solutions.
- Anticipate borrower obstacles/issues/concerns and identify ways to avoid or improve to support customer needs – prepare and evaluate solutions and impact while articulating strengths/weaknesses.
- Identify trends/patterns with respect to customer concerns and issues. Recommends work efficiencies through process improvement techniques and work with management to implement.
- Mentor and train peers and other staff.
- Resolve escalated issues with staff implementing initiatives/projects.
- Develop reports to use in daily processes and in support of projects for internal and external clients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years customer service experience or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Demonstrated experience thoroughly researching and investigating.
- Business, service and data analysis experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse audiences.
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proven attention to detail and active listening skills.
- Effective time management, organization/prioritizing ability and the sound judgment required to perform these functions.
- Knowledge of and interest in the student loan industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES APPLICANTS TO POSSESS U.S. CITIZENSHIP.