At Trustmark Benefits we help people thrive. We provide products and personalized attention that engage and inspire people to maximize their health potential. We offer employee benefits customized to fit each unique business need or life circumstance. It all revolves around our belief that better health and greater financial security increase overall well-being. And with well-being comes peace of mind. Peace of mind to focus on work and family and everything else that’s important in life. Peace of mind to thrive.
Our Facility Services Department is looking for a Building Maintenance Engineer to perform painting and wall repair in an office environment. In this position, you will also assist with providing routine maintenance of physical plant and equipment. You must also maintain a neat, efficient and safe work area and assist in the maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment of facilities.
- Perform interior and exterior painting, staining, top coating and wallpapering with a general knowledge of paints and stains.
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
- Apply varnish and other finishes.
- General Maintenance of Building and Grounds
- Assist with a variety of maintenance and repair duties in assigned maintenance operations.
- Possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, fire equipment, fire detection and suppression systems.
- Possess basic carpentry skills and the ability to work with tools.
- Performs annual inspections of building systems
- Assists with the maintenance of grounds in a clean, neat, safe and attractive manner.
- Assist in the removal of snow and ice from vehicular and pedestrian surfaces.
- Accurately prepare and complete required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Associate Work Environment Support
- General understanding of office and systems furniture with the ability to assemble, disassemble and move furnishings and components.
- Organized and execute personnel and furniture moves.
- Set up rooms and facilities for meetings and events.
- Perform basic multifunction copy machine repair, interact with factory technicians and maintain adequate consumable supplies for copiers.
- Safety and Security
- Building Life Safety and Security Team member with participation in safety and emergency programs.
- Serve as Building Security when required.
- Provide coverage on Facility Services Help Desk.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of one year general maintenance experience. Applicable areas of experience include carpentry, painting; minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and building maintenance.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours of:
- Monday – Thursday: 2:00 – 11 pm and Friday: 1/2 day rotational shift of 10-2:30 pm OR 12-5:00 pm.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment used in facilities and grounds maintenance.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn proprietary software utilized by Facility Services.
- Ability to independently manage production requirements and operational goals.
- Ability to travel for branch office support a few times per year on average required.
- Experience with BAS systems preferred.
- Experience with CMMS systems preferred.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- CDL license preferred.
Come join Trustmark! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills, but will enhance them as well. At Trustmark, we like to learn and create opportunities for our employees by challenging them to be the best at what they do.
Trustmark benefits include medical/dental/life insurance, generous 401(k) plan, onsite fitness center, subsidized cafeteria, casual attire, health and wellness initiatives, free shuttle service to and from the office from Metra stations and more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled