BACK END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
What's the most impressive thing you've ever built? Are you proud of it? Are you ready to feel that feeling every day working at Cameo? Perfect, you're exactly who we're looking for.
Cameo creates moments that inspire (www.cameo.com). We're the platform where you can get Vicki Gunvalson from the Real Housewives to wish your friend happy birthday or Dennis Rodman to congratulate your daughter on her high school basketball game.
We're well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you'd expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. You will also be helping with our website and mobile app as well!
As a backend software engineer, you will be working on backend (node.js) and database (mongoDB) development primarily. Although, if interested you can also impact our frontend (React/Redux site, React-Native app). You will collaborate with our sales and data teams to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
The perfect candidate has experience building data APIs for consumption by both internal and external users/customers. This person will have experience building distributed systems in a service oriented architecture. You will play an essential role in building an exciting new set of tools and services to support Cameo and our continued growth.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You're excited by logic and algorithmic challenges
- You care about surfacing relevant information to a user and using data to help guide those design choices
- You enjoy working with fun people
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
THINGS WE HOPE YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- JS Testing (Jest, Enzyme, Appium, etc)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of design patterns (MVC, DCI, Service Layers, etc.)
- Testing is part of your everyday workflow
- Development experience in a cloud environment/stack, AWS preferred
- The secrets of webpack ;)
- Experience scaling a website and/or a mobile app to millions of users
- Related industry experience, particularly social media and/or video tech
_Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity._