CannabizTEMP is seeking a Chief Financial Officer consultant to provide leadership in key areas of finance including directing all areas of the company’s financial reporting.
As the CFO, you’ll help establish and direct the organization’s financial goals and objectives, its budget and the Financial Plan.
The CFO has primary responsibility for ensuring that internal controls are in place, enforced, and reviewed periodically for conformance to accounting and financial standards and applicable regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume full responsibility for managing the company’s financial functions, including overseeing the remote accounting team and producing timely and accurate financial reports to the executive management team.
- Represent the company and future financial performance to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Develop and lead financial strategy, goals, and objects for fast growing business lines.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by decision vs. budget; weekly cash flow forecast.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (accounting team, auditors, investment advisors)
- Engage with the Executive management team in finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Manage cash flow providing short and long term cash flow planning.
- Oversee cash, investment, treasury and asset management effectively.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations and business plans.
- Implement and maintain appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Manage investor relations
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Develop and manage accounting staff as needed – locally or remote
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;MBA or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of Finance and Accounting experience
- Experience in both traditional as well as startup companies.
- Cannabis Industry Experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
COMPENSATION: DOE - Contract, Hourly Basis
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.(ind-124)