CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Junior Interaction Designer with a drive for creating smart, intuitive, and accessible digital products and experiences. Our Junior Interaction Designers are passionate about problem solving and strive to create elegant solutions from complex business problems. They display a proficient level of knowledge of interaction design best practices and can translate user needs into compelling wireframes and prototypes. They stay up-to-date on the latest tools, UX and design trends, and proactively seek additional learning and training in these areas.
This could be the opportunity for you if:
· You have a solid understanding of competitive analysis, information architecture, task flows, user interface and interaction design, wireframing, prototyping.
· You are a self-motivated strategic thinker, with the desire to provide highly creative ideas to all your engagements.
· You thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills.
· You enjoy collaborating with other Interaction Designers, Researchers, Developers, and Analysts.
· You have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, with supervision, in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Responsibilities may include:
· Contributing to and creating information architectures, task flows, wireframes, and prototypes that follow interaction design and usability best practices
· Creating clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
· Consulting with clients and team members on the benefits of user experience and interaction design
· Keeping up with interaction design trends and applying them to your recommendations
· Researching and understanding technology trends
Skills and Experience desired:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to create clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value; e.g., flows, wireframes, prototypes, presentations
· Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
· Working knowledge of software development lifecycle and development practices is a plus
· Proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, Zeplin, Omnigraffle, Axure
· 1-3 years professional experience
· 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in design, information sciences, HCI, or psychology
PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO WITH YOUR APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. STRONG PREFERENCE FOR EXAMPLES INDICATING YOUR PROCESS.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
CAPTECH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF EQUALITY, INCLUSION AND FAIRNESS — EACH FOUNDATIONAL TO OUR CORE VALUES. WE STRIVE TO CREATE A DIVERSE ENVIRONMENT WHERE EACH EMPLOYEE IS ENCOURAGED TO BRING THEIR UNIQUE IDEAS, BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES TO THE WORKPLACE.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place. Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations. All positions include the possibility of travel. CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.