Perform complex, intricate, and meticulous finishing and/or installation of molding, carpet, headliner, side panels, curtains, seats, cabinets, and other interior parts of the aircraft. Perform fueling and de-fueling procedures on both piston and turbine aircraft. Utilize working knowledge of the Company’s systems to prepare aircraft for final disposition. Use hand/power tools, adhesive, solvent, repair kit, scissors, knives, and other devices. Requires full knowledge of all finishing installation in current production models. Work independently or with minimal direction from Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be organized, resourceful and possess excellent communication skills and the ability to function under pressure. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, test pilot squawks, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Must possess current aircraft taxi and tow authorizations.
- Adjust work processes to meet production schedules.
- Provide recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Review station paperwork and report open items to Supervisor.
- Pull parts from inventory and stage near workstation.
- Report machine/equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Fit, trim, align, and adjust parts.
- Crimp, route, and tie off electrical components as required.
- Occasionally remove and install various components, to include but is not limited to airlerons and rudders for balancing throughout the aircraft.
- Perform repairs and adjustments per discrepancy sheet on licensed aircraft. Must be signed off by the designated Manufacturing Maintenance Facility
- (MMF) representative.
- Work off squawks from Final Customer Acceptance / Delegation Option Authority (FCA/DOA) inspection including mechanical discrepancies.
- Accurately complete Break of Inspection (BOI) in accordance with company procedures.
- Report any shortage to Supervisor.
- Plan, lay out, and perform a wide variety of detailed operations to produce a quality finished product.
- Clean and inspect windows and windshields, polish and remove scratches as required.
- Determine the sequence of work to minimize movement in performance of operation.
- Fit, trim, and install carpet, seats, and interior panels, associated compartments.
- Required to work in confined areas, and move about the aircraft without causing damage to interior components.
- Properly position and install spinners to insure protection of the finish.
- Final inspect and correct noted items to applicable specifications.
- Assure interior accessories are installed per Aircraft Purchase Order. (APO) i.e. microphone, headphones, etc.
- Weigh and fuel aircraft.
- Maintain all reports, files, and records.
- Ready the interior for customer acceptance.
- Tow or taxi aircraft to the next sequence of operation.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), 3 - 5 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualification/Approval to taxi aircraft and operate company tow equipment is required.