GREATEST JOB EVER!!
LOVE SINGING, DANCING AND WORKING WITH KIDS? Music Together may be the perfect fit for you! Music Together is an internationally known, research-based music and movement program for young children ages 0-5 years and their parents and caregivers.
The 45-minute classes include a rich variety of movement activities, singing, chanting, and instrumental jam sessions. Help families learn to incorporate music into their lives, and teach them what a huge impact musical understanding has on all other learning. Watch as parents and kids experience the joy of family music.
We are looking for teachers who are available 2-5 days a week, to teach 1 or 2 classes each day. Classes are mostly during the morning hours of 9-12, but an afternoon/evening class is certainly possible. Teacher candidates will need to be available to attend a 3-day training workshop in June in Davis. Paid co-teaching will begin during our summer session in June. Classes are held in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom and El Dorado Hills.
Music Together classes are like teaching aerobics, preschool and hosting a party all at the same time. We are looking for teachers who are FUN, ENERGETIC, SOCIALLY OUTGOING and ENTHUSIASTIC, and have experience with children ages 0-5. Ideally a music major, theater major, early childhood/credential candidate or university student who has experience with teaching kids in a group or classroom setting.
Qualities of a Teacher:
1. Personality - engaging, friendly, authentic, having fun
2. Vocal skills - sings in tune, accessible voice, not "performancy"
3. Rhythm skills - maintains accurate rhythm, beat is evident in both upper and lower body
4. Movement skills - movements are clear and comfortable, not too complex
5. Leading skills - connects with others, eye contact, non-formal approach
6. Receptive to feedback - is open to changing things, can incorporate suggestions from mentor
7. Physically healthy - Can bounce kids on laps, dance, jump, skip, carry large bins of instruments, smoothly get up and down from sitting on the ground.
Please call or email to apply: (916)990-3222, email@example.com
Resumes are optional.
Compensation: starts at $35/class (co-teaching is $20/class)
***We provide teachers with all the curriculum, materials & training.
***Must attend 3 days of training and be available to begin co-teaching this summerl. Solo teaching will begin in the fall.
***More information about the program on www.capitalcitymusictogether.com