__Our client needs experienced technology leaders to help build, improve, and scale our products. You will own the delivery of major features that enable a complex logistics machine to run smoothly and flawlessly, to the delight of customers. Shipping these features will require good communication with all stakeholders and solid judgement about how to architect code to both ship quickly and handle changes in the future.
- You will help lead production processes and environments
- Develop, scale, and maintain our distributed systems
- Participate in the food production process
- Drive the development of service APIs used by system endpoints to communicate
- Implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Client's Platform
- Develop interfaces with IRL "things" to deliver good food to our customers
- Participate in on-call rotation
The core technology is NODE.JS, EXPRESS, REDIS, PIZZA, RABBITMQ, POSTGRES ON HEROKU. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind food delivery platform, food prep robotics, and several other SaaS providers.
Ideal candidates will need to be able to understand and work with architectures and code across the whole stack.
- Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
- Experience with PaaS production deployments, but not afraid to get down to nuts and bolts of bare metal operations
- Experience with delivering applications on the web, distributed systems, databases, and networks
- Passionate about designing and delivering flexible and scalable components
- 5-10 YEARS EXPERIENCE as a professional software engineer
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with our current stack
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale