Summary (THERE ARE 2 POSITION IS LOCATED IN BELOIT, WISCONSIN AND REQUIRES UP TO 25% TRAVEL TO CUSTOMER FIELD LOCATIONS, SERVICE CENTERS, ETC.)
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries Company, is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team. The Technical Support Department supports the organization in the following capacity: Engine/component/system operational understanding, failure analysis, operations and design troubleshooting, repair recommendations, obsolescence guidance, warranty support, management of technical projects, and general technical assistance to all company departments (primarily the sales, quality, field service, customer service, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), and engineering departments).
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
A Technical Support Specialist is a member of the Technical Support team. Each team member has specialties, but must also have general capabilities. These skills and capabilities will help each member perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support Field Service with casualty assessments and corrective action plans both remotely and on-site
- Support Field Service with customer requests for procedures, bids for support, repair recommendations, specification clarification, and design requirements
- Support Quality with warranty projects, failure analyses, and technical project management
- Support Sales with customer requests for design upgrades, component enhancements, and engine performance improvements
- Support Customer Service with requests for part information – weights, dimensions, and obsolescence plans
- Support ILS with maintenance plans, maintenance standards, and technical review of change packages and technical manuals. Works closely with ILS on Service Information Letters (SILs), Technical Bulletins, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), and other technical related documentation to support the product lines
- Support Engineering and Field Service with unique troubleshooting efforts
- Communicate and assist our Licensor with non-compliance issues on the engines that we build under license, such as material non-conformance, functional non-conformance of a system component, etc.
- Provide general support of FM internal departments with:
- Engine performance analyses and evaluations, including condition-based monitoring and remote evaluations
- Creating SILs and Technical Notices/Bulletins
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field required
- Must have at least five years of diesel engine or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and project planning skills required. This position requires contact and interaction with both internal and external customers, including interaction with high level executives or military personnel, engine operators, engineers, or other personnel.
- Technical report writing and technical presentation skills required
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools required, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Travel up to 25%
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.