- Financial reporting: Global Tax provisions, transfer-pricing reports, uncertain tax positions.
- Global Audit and Tax Compliance Oversight
- Monitor International reporting
- Manage Outsourced State Income Tax
- Manage Outsourced Federal Income Tax
- Transaction Taxes Sales, Use and VA Taxes
- Annual Licensing
- Mange Outsourced Transfer Pricing
- Internal Control
- The position includes working with Board of Directors, Executive Management, foreign management, external financial statement auditors, and various third party consultants.
- Review quarterly/annual tax provisions prepared by outsourced partners, including effective tax rate, tax exposures and disclosures.
- Prepare forecasts of cash needs related to income taxes.
- Maintain projection models used for tax planning purposes.
- Interact with outside consultants and government officials related to tax matters.
- Monitor and apply changes and developments in tax laws on a global level.
- Successfully hire, train and mentor staff in technical issues and career development.
- Build and maintain relationships and ensure effective communication on finance and business issues.
- Identify, propose, and lead international/cross-border tax planning to maximize the global tax efficiency of the company’s business initiatives and in response to changes in international tax laws with the assistance of outsourced partners.
- Participate as a member of the international expansion team
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Supervisory or managerial experience required.
- Strong knowledge of US tax law, including income, sales/use, gross receipts, property taxes and franchise taxes.
- Experience managing tax audits and inquiries.
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740 including FIN 48.
- Experience in computing Foreign Tax Credits
- Experience in cash forecasting related to income taxes, tax exposures & disclosures.
- Exposure to SOX 404 requirements related to the tax function.
- Experience working with JD Edwards preferred.
- Experience with Vertex Sales/Use Tax O Series preferred.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Experience with One Source Provision and Transfer Pricing Software.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Some international travel required.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation preferred.
- Candidate must have 5 – 10 years of relevant Tax experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.