Chess Wizards is looking for engaging individuals to teach chess to K-5th grade students, AFTER SCHOOL, in a classroom setting. If you love chess and feel you can make learning it fun for kids of all ages, then you have probably found the perfect job (the only drawback: it is part-time). Currently, Chess Wizards is looking for instructors who are willing to teach between 1 and 5 one-hour classes per week.
Instructor Responsibilities and Qualifications:
● Be responsible for your student's safety and supervision at all times ● Maintain a structured and organized learning environment ● Encourage positive interpersonal interactions at all times ● Cultivate an interactive, friendly, and welcoming group dynamic ● Utilize positive behavior management and classroom management techniques
● Ability to relate well with children ● Ability to make chess fun! ● Encourage connections between chess problem-solving with real life problem- solving ● Knowledge of basic chess strategy required ● Utilize curriculum, teaching tools, and other materials provided by Chess Wizards ● USCF rating a plus but not a must
● Maintain regular communication with Area Managers and other coordinating staff ● Maintain positive relationships with parents, on-site staff, co-instructors, and school administration ● Promptness, punctuality and responsible conduct are requirements when working with children ● Be a positive role model for your students ● Be a proud representative of your own character as well as Chess Wizards
PAY: $50- $65 per scheduled hour
HOURS: 1-5 one-hour classes per week
If you are able to fulfill the responsibilities above, while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere in your classroom, then this is the position for you!
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1) Resume and contact information
2) Availability from 2pm to 5pm on weekdays
Please apply directly through our career portal: https://chess-wizards.breezy.hr
For more information about our program, Please check out our website: http://www.chesswizards.com/