The Mechanical Inspector will support Chinook's clients by delivering inspection services throughout the assigned facility. The Mechanical Inspector will be an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise to make sure that all areas are up to the standards set by us and our clients. The Mechanical Inspector will exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Chinook has built a reputation for excellence in our industry and the Mechanical Inspector will uphold that tradition by being diligent, proactive, solutions-oriented and a facilitator of success for team members, both internal and external. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the growing markets of sustainability, resiliency, and cybersecurity.
- Execute mechanical systems inspections, and facilities management services for new and existing construction efforts on multiple concurrent projects
- Prepare Inspection and code enforcement plans, specifications, checklists, and reports
- Projects will focus on HVAC, controls and SCADA, ductwork, psychrometrics, air flow, AHU, TAB, DX equipment, Piping, pumps, hydraulic calculations, valves, boilers, and chillers.
- Communicate effectively, with engineers, Contractors, facility and HQ staff via all channels of communication.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications and prepare written contract administration documentation, such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identify potential extra work issues and keep the client and management advised of issues.
- Prepare estimates of extra work as applicable.
- Prepare related sketches and documentation as required.
- Review plans for construction feasibility and code compliance and prepare comments.
- Apply knowledge of the latest building code and testing criteria for all types of mechanical systems.
- Actively participate in the development of company processes and procedures
- Attend company meetings, training seminars, and functions
- Ensure continued excellence at Chinook
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required
- EIT is desired, PE preferred
- LEED Accredited Professional certification is highly desirable.
- 2 years of direct experience in mechanical systems as well as experience with mechanical inspection procedures
- Expertise in the inspection and code enforcement of Mechanical systems including HVAC, Architectural, Sprinkler/Standpipe, Generator, and integrated Electrical/Lighting systems is also required.
- Must be able to initiate action, prioritize tasks, and perform work efficiently within a defined budget and schedule
- Effective communication and reporting skills at all working and management levels are essential
- Successful candidates are process driven with high attention to detail
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office suite and scheduling software
- OSHA 10-hour construction safety, and fall protection, confined space and permit-required confined space entry training
- Travel to and from local and remote project locations
- Walking construction sites with uneven surfaces and in dust-generating environments
- Climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/operating test equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Working near electrical and mechanical building equipment and systems
- Other Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance
Chinook Systems, Inc. is a leader in delivering lifecycle energy security solutions to mission-critical government and commercial facility Owners. We specialize in the engineering, construction, commissioning, and operations of intelligent, cyber-secure, code compliant, and energy efficient building systems. Our solutions save millions of dollars in utility costs, reduce harmful emissions to the environment, and mitigate cyber‐attacks on facilities. Chinook provides motivated candidates the opportunity to join a fast‐growing, innovative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment.