SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, JAVA AND BIGDATA, REGULATORY REPORTING SYSTEM
We are looking for a senior developer who will help us to build financial data aggregation, storage, and regulatory reporting system.
Daily job functions include:
- Implement information and data quality management processes, data stewardship, enterprise metadata management and related programs
- Write Java programs that solve business needs. Work with other developers and architects to maintain overall technology portfolio with supporting standards and guidelines
- Work closely with Business Analysts, DBAs, and other application development teams to address requirements and issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions
- Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of complex systems with fast turn-around
- Provide detailed analysis of problems; prepare detailed design documents with recommendations
- String Core Java, Spring, SQL, MarkLogic or MongoDB
- Familiarity with version control systems: GIT (Github), SVN
- Fast, clean, efficient code implementation
- 8+ years’ experience designing, developing, and scaling high-volume applications working with Java and SQL databases (preferably Oracle)
- Current HANDS-ON experience with implementation of large strategic platform using java and NoSQL databases
- Experience in XML/XQuery/XPath, JSON, REST
- Good at documentation of the data flow, process flow, detail design.
- NoSQL database other than MongoDB or MarkLogic, time-series database, elastic search/Solr
- Linux development environment and AWS will be required.