Responsible for the timely and cost efficient purchase and delivery of all vendor goods. Assists the Manager of Purchasing in researching the best suppliers that can provide the best product and services at the most competitive price
- Review all proposed and received orders to ensure vendor compliance, and recommend vendor changes when necessary.
- Ensure that all purchase requests have been approved in accordance with authorized approval levels.
- Prepare and process purchase orders to comply with established purchasing procedures and maintain appropriate files.
- Work with Chefs and Managers to ensure all products meet their standards.
- Maintain appropriate par levels of product and by doing so ensures minimal loss of product due to spoilage and so we do not run out of product.
- Responsible for getting bids on product to ensure best pricing.
- Research new product options and presents product options necessary to management.
- Make purchasing recommendations based on the best interest of the casino.
- Ensure that all purchase terms and discounts are adhered to.
- Work with vendors to ensure the quality of goods purchased meets the Company's standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years purchasing experience, with Hospitality buying experience
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate.