Responsible for providing administrative support to the Team Relations Department by coordinating and scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, as necessary; preparing minutes and meeting summaries, maintaining Team Relations files; and providing general administrative assistance to Human Resources department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent guest service at all times.
• Coordinates and schedules appointments and meetings as requested.
• Attends meetings, as required, to record, prepare, and distribute approved minutes.
• Composes, types, processes, and distributes correspondence, meeting summaries, case reports, and other miscellaneous paperwork.
• Maintains neat, orderly, complete, and accurate Team Relations case files.
• Assists with the administration of the Grievance and Board of Review processes.
• Provides Team Members with information regarding CGRC's Employee Assistance Program.
• Assists with investigations and ensures all documentation is thorough, accurate, and complete for all cases.
• Assists with processing all Employment Development Department (EDD) claims and responses.
• May assist &/or provide temporary coverage to other specialty areas in HR (training, benefits, recruiting, or administration).
• Performs any reasonable request made by management, including but not limited to ushering and ticket processing for CGRC events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or (GED) required. Associate's degree or higher in Human Resources, Labor Management, Business, or related field of study; or an equivalent combination of education and experience that enables performance in all aspects of the position preferred. One to three years administrative, clerical, or related discipline required; one year casino experience preferred. Union experience preferred.
Must be able to manage time and projects appropriately to meet regulated and established timelines and deadlines. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Must be able to work long hours and any shift/day as necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.