Our client, a SaaS developer of business software is seeking a USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH MANAGER.
As User Experience Research Manager, you'll be fundamental to our product development process.You'll join a team dedicated to changing how small and medium businesses do business today. You'll work closely with cross-functional product teams to build high-performing and user-centric products for our customers. You’ll have an opportunity to grow a research team and lead the user research vision.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- 5+ years practicing user research on a product development team.
- Previous experience directly managing and leading a user research team.
- Strong background in utilizing qualitative research methods to uncover customer needs such as: persona development, heuristic evaluation and contextual inquiries
- Breadth of experience uncovering customer insights using quantitative research methods such as surveys, benchmarking, and statistics.
- Proven success in supporting the full product life-cycle using both exploratory and evaluative research practices for mobile, desktop and other platforms.
- Participating in and collaborating with UX designers and cross-functional teams to develop customer journey maps.
- Outstanding ability to tell impactful stories with research data.
- Proven record of generating actionable insights that have influenced product decisions.
- Proficient at identifying and applying the best research methodology for the learning goals at hand.
- Leads with confidence as a skilled communicator, influencer, and negotiator.
- Passion for training designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on how to conduct and apply user research.
- Previous B2B research experience is a plus.
- Lead the UX research strategy by driving and conducting a range of research studies aiming to inform design and development efforts across the portfolio of our products.
- Grow and manage a team of UX researchers by being a strong coach and mentor.
- Define research roadmap and priorities in close partnership with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Generate and communicate actionable insights that will help the business find and solve unaddressed customer pain points.
- Share and evangelize research insights across the organization.
- Develop ways of assessing user research quality and its impact to the user experience of our products.