Code Ninjas is seeking a Vice President of Technology to join our Executive team. This VP will be responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations companywide to enable business capabilities and services. The VP of Technology brings current knowledge and future vision for transforming the IT function to meet the organization’s goals including designing, planning and implementing IT initiatives and technologies. The VP of Technology will work with the CEO to oversee strategic vision on the companywide infrastructure and operations, including any external providers, and is responsible for ensuring IT strategy is fully aligned, positioning IT to deliver compelling business value. This involves action-oriented leadership with the ability to think and act strategically while also being hands on.
Duties and responsibilities
· Set the mission, vision, and strategy of the IT organization to maximize the success of the business, enterprise initiatives and business unit initiatives.
· Develop and oversee technologies, automation and DevOps practices for improved IT capabilities that enhance the Company’s overall competitive capabilities and employee productivity.
· Define, develop, and manage a comprehensive and integrated IT landscape, based on best practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
· Develop and control the annual IT budget to ensure consistency with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise, including leveraging negotiation skills to enable cost effective and innovative solutions in achievement of Company goals.
· Communicate clearly and concisely with the ability to summarize, simplify and present complex IT issues to various teams and stakeholders in a way that allows for efficient and well-informed decisions.
· Manage all employees of the IT team.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the companies’ business processes, identify inefficiencies and implement solutions to optimize processes, the customer journey and the employee experience.
· Direct the development of an IT sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
· Lead and/or support integration activities and software implementation projects.
· Create and align a value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
· Support periodic reviews by internal audit, compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
· Provide direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
· 5-10 years of experience in software development.
· 5 years of leadership responsibilities.
· 3 years with Azure/Devops experience.
· Experience leading IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic environments.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, while results oriented and metrics driven.
· Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
· Able to multi-task and handle matters on a proactive basis, with minimal supervision.
· Strong management skills, and adaptable to changes in Company structure or planning.
· Passion for innovation and improving organization performance through the application of emerging technologies and practices.
· Maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Experience supporting franchises or multi-location retailers is a plus.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Must be based in the greater Houston area and able to eventually work full-time on-site in Pearland, TX. Relocation assistance is available.
Full-time position with benefits
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Code Ninjas Corporate.