PATH is currently recruiting for a PROGRAM DIRECTOR for Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The PATH India Director, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A), leads the design and implementation of PATH’s public health programs and organizational investments in RMNCH+A in India. The Director oversees an evolving portfolio of grant funded projects related to RMNCH+A control and elimination, and will expand PATH’s portfolio in RMNCH+A. The Director represents PATH externally, serving as a scientific expert and external representative for RMNCH+A, and supports PATHs global work in the space.
The PATH RMNCH+A Program Leader will work with existing project and program leaders within Public Health to develop and implement program direction based on consideration of a broad range of internal and external factors, and an understanding of the relationships between various PATH program areas. Specifically:
- Identify and oversee the development of responses to new funding opportunities
- Build PATH India’s RMNCH+A portfolio by leading business development opportunities in this space
- Hire and develop key talent for the programs
- Serve as performance leader and mentor for project leads in the RMNCH+A.
- Provide leadership and support to RMNCH+A teams
- Review and provide oversight for project implementation and evaluation; review and approve all program reports and materials developed for public dissemination
- Ensure that the programs meet and exceed donor expectations of quality and delivery
CROSS PATH AND EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
Represent the RMNCH+A Programs with internal PATH partners and key external audience, including:
- Model clear, open, and collaborative communication approaches in a dynamic environment
- Collaborate closely with global program leaders to provide scientific accountability and needed
- Expertise for country-based work
- Work with Product Development program leaders to identify opportunities for Product
- Development collaboration across the platforms of vaccines, diagnostics, drug development and devices/tools
- Represent PATH externally, serving as a scientific expert and external representative for Government of India’s efforts in the RMNCH+A space
- Build PATH’s capacity in RMNCH+A through development of cross PATH collaborations and recruitment of new technical expertise, including at country level
- Interface with donors for updating project progress and identifying focus areas
- Engage with National and State Governments for smooth functioning of projects
- Provide overall leadership consistent with PATH’s mission, values, and policies
- Provide thought leadership at PATH in the area of RMNCH+A
- Participate in panels, conferences and other events ensuring that PATH is represented in key stakeholder conversations locally and globally
- Engage RMNCH+A leaders in building a resilient program positioned to leverage the dynamic donor and global landscape for greatest impact
- Model cultural and organizational agility internally and externally
PUBLIC HEALTH (PH) PORTFOLIO
Work collaboratively with other program teams that include: Malaria and NTD; Non-communicable Diseases; Digital Health Solutions, HIV/TB, and Health Systems Innovation and Integration to:
- Identify opportunities and develop cross program responses to funding opportunities
- Drive business development activities to create a diversified and sustainable portfolio
- Partner with other members of the leadership team to build cross-program public health competencies in surveillance, evidence-based interventions, innovation in policy and programs, implementation science and operational research monitoring and evaluation
- Participate in the development and evolution of the overall PATH India Impact portfolio and strategy
- Nationally recognized leader in and experience working in RMNCH+A
- Excellent people management skills with commitment to building a shared vision of the future, setting standards and managing individual and team performance across multiple country sites, and effectively managing/resolving conflict
- Proven ability to mediate conflict and bring groups to a constructive resolution
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to deliver quality, high impact projects while providing value to donors
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership and maintain clarity and focus of investments and action
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative organizational structure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-site team-based organizational structure, including partners and other collaborators
- Ability to work with people with divergent points of view and to respectfully navigate differences
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to engage with donors and National and State Governments
- Fluency in English
- Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 30 percent
- Doctoral degree in medicine, public health, or other relevant field
- Advanced degree and/or training in RMNCH+A
- Experience or training in RMNCH+A
- Fifteen+ years of progressively responsible leadership roles in the design and/or delivery of public health programs and research with a preference for experience in working on RMNCH+A in India
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.