HealthFitness has a brand new opportunity for a part-time (approximately 25 hours per week) HEALTH FITNESS ASSISTANT at our client's corporate fitness center located in downtown WASHINGTON, D.C. In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and assisting in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with members and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and submits invoices for client paid group exercise instructors to the treasurer; distributes instructor checks and receipts of payment per schedule; assists with finding substitutes for classes when needed and notifies membership of any class/instructor change or cancellations; assists with maintaining current group exercise instructor and on-call Health Fitness Assistant substitute lists.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; represents the fitness center in health fairs, at new employee orientations and any other collaborative efforts to drive membership; enrolls new members and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members; presents on a variety of health/nutrition topics at Lunch & Learns and/or Breakfast Club; updates website and social media accounts with classes, promotions and programs.
- Creates newsletters, porcelain press and healthy topic bulletin board monthly; assists with monthly member recognition; sends all printable marketing material request to the Print Shop for production; assists with designing bulletin boards and creating other marketing & communication material.
- Maintains membership files and database secure; assists with collecting payment for membership, lockers rentals, group exercise class passes, goods and other services; assists with payroll deduction reconciliation, and keeping track of new/cancelled members; sends payment reminders to membership.
- Performs daily cleaning of equipment and other facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, office space, equipment and locker rooms are clean; ensures paper towels and cleaning solution are stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Assists with projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) and 2+ years related industry experience.
- Current CPR/AED or BLS and first aid certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.