This is an applicant pool for part-time temporary faculty in the COMMUNICATION, MEDIA STUDIES, AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION disciplines in the Division of Communication, Arts, and Humanities. The areas taught in these disciplines include:
GROUPS, TEAMS, AND LEADERSHIP
PRINCIPLES OF SPEECH COMMUNICATION
TELEVISION NEWS PRODUCTION
TELEVISION STUDIO PRODUCTION
VIDEO FIELD PRODUCTION
WRITING/EDITING FOR THE WEB
CSM is looking for a dynamic individual who can implement the comprehensive mission of a community college by assessing, documenting, and improving student learning through instruction.
NOTE: CSM accepts resumes for part-time temporary faculty for all areas at all times. There may or may not be a hiring need at this time in your area of interest. When applying for part-time faculty, you are submitting your resume to an applicant pool. The Division Chair and Discipline Coordinator will access the applicant pool when there is a hiring need. You may follow up on your application by contacting the department directly at 301-934-7861.
THESE POSITIONS ARE LOCATED AT THE LA PLATA, LEONARDTOWN AND PRINCE FREDERICK CAMPUSES (DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION ON LA PLATA CAMPUS ONLY).
- Master's degree in the discipline of instruction OR Master's in any field AND 15 hours in the discipline OR Sufficient experience in lieu of either requirement, as approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- This person should possess enthusiasm and passion for student learning and be able to respond to the needs of students using a variety of teaching methods including new technologies.
- Subject matter/content expertise in your field.
- For applicants for the Television, Video, and Documentary Production classes, three years’ experience in the field is preferred.