HealthFitness has an exciting opportunity for a full-time benefits eligible (40 hours per week) OPERATIONS MANAGER within our client's recreation program located on-campus at Harvard University in CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS! In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing all operational and customer service aspects of the Harvard University recreation program including, but not limited to, building schedules, the organization of facility maintenance projects, and the direct oversight of the Service Coordinator and Membership Coordinator. You will report to the General Manager (GM).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Developing a High Performing Team:
- Hire and manage qualified and capable operations team members. Assist in interviewing and providing hiring recommendations for other facility positions as requested.
- Ensure that all operations team members are properly on-boarded and informed of performance expectations.
- Supervise service and membership coordinators. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that all operations team members complete the necessary training to perform their job duties and deliver on expected results.
- Ensures that the facility is appropriately staffed with ops team members and maintain a pipeline of available talent to fill future openings.
- Conducts regular quarterly performance reviews for direct reports to assess performance.
Achieving Measurable Results:
- Create a welcoming and inclusive facility through excellent customer service and maintaining building operations through proper channels (work orders, cleanliness, proper staffing & scheduling).
- Promote services for the Harvard community that not only attract and retain members in the facility but also promote fitness and movement outside of the facilities.
- Partner with Harvard Athletics to create integrative programming inclusive of all of areas of Recreation.
- Partner with GM to set operational goals and monitor performance towards goals.
- Regularly meet with and set goals for operations team members and redirect performance as necessary to ensure that goals are met.
- Regularly interact with members and obtain, assess and address information on member fitness needs, expectations and levels of satisfaction of programming.
- Respond to member requests and concerns promptly and effectively.
- Ensure fitness products and services offered in the facility are marketed properly and aligned and consistent with HealthFitness and Harvard’s overall marketing strategy.
- Partner with GM to effectively manage costs, including, but not limited to, costs for labor, supplies and equipment.
- Compile financial data for review as requested.
- Administer scheduling and bi-weekly payroll for direct reports.
- Assist in tours and member services as related to the operations department.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Harvard’s free student events.
- Assist with the upkeep of Fusion as related to operations department.
- Assist with the communication to all fitness employees as related to operational matters in conjunction with Program Manager and Fitness Coordinator.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in recreation management, business management, communications, or a related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- CPR certification from AHA or American Red Cross.
- 3+ years of related experience in project management and staff supervision, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with computer software relating to word processing, membership databases, and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated creativity and organization skills.
- Experience working in college athletics & recreation.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of individuals both within HealthFitness and the client organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.