Compassionate Care Hospice
Fresno, CA 93711
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our patient’s lives?
Compassionate Care Hospice is growing fast! Our top priority is maintaining our culture of love for our patients and employees, alike. Our commitment to our core values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and are our most important resource.
Join us today and grow with us!
We are currently seeking to fill the Weekend Registered Nurse position.
-Position to be performed in and around our Fresno Office (93711).
- Compensation (negotiable, based on experience, etc).
-Opportunity to accumulate overtime.
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process and as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
A. Writing and initiating plan of care
B. Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
C. Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician's plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Current license in California and current CPR certification.
- Registered nurses shall have a minimum of (a) one (1) year of experience as a professional nurse within the last three (3) years OR (b) have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing and a current RN license. Minimum of one years' experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is preferred.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Here at Compassionate Care Hospice, we are committed to our employees and their well-being. Benefits Include:
Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
Countless growth and development opportunities
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Company Paid Life insurance
Paid Sick Days
Employee Assistance Program
And so much more!
Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice
Compassionate Care was established in 2003 in Fresno County and has grown into Central California's largest privately held home health agency. The healthcare company is expanding its locations and services, replicating its unique formula throughout the state. Compassionate Care provides in-home medical, rehabilitative and support services by seasoned professionals with comprehensive clinical training and robust hospitality experience. In July of 2020 the organization officially began its venture into hospice, further vertically integrating services while always prioritizing their patients' continuum of care.
Compassionate Care is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
View all jobs at this company