The Electronic Technician 3 performs all functions of the Electronic Technician and will be able to install, modify and/or upgrade 2 and 4 color proprietary equipment and interfaces to enhance the capabilities of the equipment. This position will have leadership opportunities and must have excellent knowledge of plant equipment.
- Trouble shoots and repairs all electronic systems using a combination of job skills and test equipment to maintain plant machinery and production.
- Repairs and rebuilds electronic/electrical assemblies using schematics (blue prints), fixtures, and test equipment to decrease outsourcing of repairs and to improve job knowledge.
- Repairs and installs facility electrical systems using job skills, test equipment, and other tools to keep machinery in good working condition.
- Installs new equipment and updates current equipment using schematics and other tools to improve production methods and machine technology.
- Uses telephone and computer based communication tools to effectively convey detailed information to technical personnel located remotely.
- Modifies and/or updates equipment to enhance and extend capabilities of that equipment.
- Uses internet websites, equipment catalogs and other resources to locate electronic components necessary to minimize outsourcing and support production deadlines.
- Communicates essential information and procedures to other electronic technicians, production personnel and management.
- Will act as a lead person when needed. May be called upon to train other Electronic Technicians.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of extensive electronic work experience.
- Experience using programmable logic controls, servo drives and frequency inverters.
- Experience troubleshooting high-speed imaging and printing technology. Understanding of Proteus Jet 4-color print technology, pc board repair, ink jet technology, data system upgrades, fiber optics, encoders on print devices and servo drivers. Internal knowledge of data systems, job files and proprietary equipment is a benefit.
- Strong computer skills enabling him/her to create move and use electronic files efficiently. (Remote computer access over computer networks or internet is increasingly becoming more common to Elec Techs.)
- Must be able to use electrical schematic diagrams to diagnose problems in complex electronic systems.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work under stressful situations.