HOW WILL YOUR ROLE IMPACT FIRST COMMAND?
The National Branch Planning Advisor (NBPA) is the Current Servicing Advisor (CSA) to First Command Home Office clients who are directly assigned to National Branch Planning Advisor Team. These clients continue to be engaged with First Command Advisor’s in building and actively following their Financial Plans. Unfortunately the ability for these clients to work face-to-face with a First Command Field Advisor is not a current option. The NBPA primary goal is to “remotely” provide the best possible client experience that mirrors the same level of engagement, financial expertise, planning and overall service as they were accustomed to with a First Command Field Advisor. The NBPA has a fiduciary responsibility to consistently reach out and collaborate with the client and discern the best and most prudent course of action in support of the client’s financial plan, offer suitable Plan recommendations consistent with First Command philosophy, and provide professional services to meet their clients’ needs. The NBPA will work to resolve any issue or concern presented by a client that requires multiple touches and/or follow-up from First Command. The NBSA, when applicable, will assign administrative tasks to their Administrative Team. Client contact is traditionally conducted through telephone, First Command Client portal, email, and other forms of traditional written communication. The National Branch Planning Advisor reports directly to the Manager, Planning and Service Advisors.
The National Branch has the responsibility to meet the needs of our clients in a professional, timely, effective, and most importantly accurate manner. NBPA activities will include consistent periodic contact with clients that are not connected with a service or sales item. Update and/or make planning recommendations to the clients through use of a Financial Plan that at minimum has been updated in the last 36 months. Timely contact to identified clients that own insurance products with an opportunity to make changes or adjustments that could be in their best interest. This includes clients who have Options to Purchase Additional Insurance (OPAI) elections, Decreasing Term conversions, etc. In addition, NBPA will execute any client specific phone and email client campaigns developed by the National Branch, Manager, Planning and Service Advisors or Senior Leadership at First Command.
We have a belief at First Command – once a client, always a client. Therefore, the NBPA will partner with the National Branch Service Advisor to coach a client when the opportunity for a face-to-face Field Advisor relationship is not an option. Client must desire to pursue a financial planning relationship with First Command and willing to update financial information so that the NBPA can work to help clients get Financially Squared Away.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Develop and deliver financial plans based on what is in the best interest of the client and adheres to guiding principles within First Command
- Conducts insightful problem solving for clients taking the time to investigate the client’s current situation and ask the kinds of questions necessary to learn what course of action is in the client’s best interests.
- Communicate financial planning concepts and obtain relevant information to accurately answer questions and/ or meet the needs of clients.
- Provides inspiration, guidance, and coaching as needed to maintain and support client Financial Plans.
- Provide the best client experience by fulfilling service requests and the detailed financial planning needs of our clients in a professional, timely, effective, and accurate manner.
- Proactive outreach to clients that have insurance products with the opportunity to make changes or adjustments; This includes but not limited to reaching out to clients who have Options to Purchase Additional Insurance (OPAIs) elections, Decreasing Term conversions, etc.
- Offer every assigned client Periodic Plan Review (PPR) and any other update necessary.
- Display the kind of skilled problem solving abilities necessary for client service scenarios and sales actions typically experienced by Planning Advisor
- Demonstrate effective methods to regularly schedule appointments and on-going contact with assigned clients.
- Execution of any proactive client campaigns that leadership deems necessary for NBSA to notify and/or assist clients.
- Required to document client contact attempts, client contact and profile information, and any client interaction within CRM system. Includes updating necessary financial/compliance tabs
WHAT SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED?
- College Degree. (PREF.)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area (PREF.)
- Military Experience (PLUS)
- Financial services industry experience (i.e. Financial Advisor, Financial Planner, CFP, or equivalent work experience).
- First Command Field Advisor or National Branch Service Advisor (PREF.)
- Required to Attend and Certify at Fast Start Academy : Within 3 mos. of hire (if previously licensed)/ 6 months (if no licenses)
- Must possess and maintain Series 7 & 66 (or equivalent) and Life and Health licenses. (REQ.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated passion for people, first and foremost, and secondarily service. Must have strong client focus and desire to provide a superior level of service.
- Solid command of financial planning concepts, knowledge of financial planning industry and First Command business practices and policies.
- Strong operational knowledge of investment products (mutual funds, variable annuities), risk products, and bank products offered by First Command.
- Able to use active listening skills to better understand client needs and motivations; able to modify communication style to meet client needs and respond appropriately; able to use good judgment when responding, and respond to objections successfully.
- Capable of quickly building good rapport with people (clients) in a short span of time.
- Ability to competently and clearly discuss issues concerning First Command products and procedures with clients.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills demonstrated in a team environment.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of situations, deadlines and challenges in a dynamic, high-tempo office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with emphasis on clarity, grammar and overall effectiveness.
- Outstanding multi-tasking, attention to detail, and decision making skills.
- Ability to interpret published procedures and policies of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate unquestioned work ethic with the highest level of integrity.
- Standard Production metrics for Active, Effort, and Passive Revenue streams.
- Goal Management success as measured within the Performance Management System.
- Overall professional demeanor and embodiment of corporate core values as measured by the six (6) core competencies.
- Quality of customer service as monitored by SMARSH, CIC, LYNC, and Quality Management.
- Number of Contact Attempts to both assigned and unassigned clients.
- Mid-Year/Year End Goals Established by National Branch Leadership Team
- Standard Contact Attempts to All Clients (i.e. Semi Annual, OPAIs, Client Campaigns, etc.)
- Standard Client Data Accuracy and Improvement
- Quarterly bonus opportunity based off meeting percentage of performance client engagement metrics AND 2. One-time cash percentage pay out based on NMRC
QUALITY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AS MONITORED BY SMARSH, CIC, LYNC, AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- EX06: -First 90 days must pass Series 7 & 66 (or equivalent) and Life and Health Licenses; Additional 2 months of detailed training
- EX07: 3+ years Financial Planning/Advisor Experience
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, First Command Financial Services takes pride in their mission: Coaching those who serve in their pursuit of financial security. In addition, we are fully committed to living out our core values of: Love, Courage, and Effectiveness.
Touted by Texas Monthly and Best Places to Work as one of the top 100 best places to work in Texas for 2016 and 2018, First Command Financial Services opened its doors in 1958 and has grown to include a network of Advisors in more than 162 markets throughout the U.S., England, and Germany today. We are seeking talented individuals of diverse backgrounds who are service minded. First Command offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, including:
- 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employer health Fund Contributions
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-site Concierge Services
- Covered Parking
- Free financial planning for all employees
The information of this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary on the department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by department, reporting structure and other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.