NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
This position is responsible for the design, implementation, management of corporate IT infrastructure, IT operations and IT helpdesk, along with the execution of IT policies and procedures including testing, change control, and general system maintenance.
The ideal candidate has a solid technical background in Microsoft/Apple systems administration, is well organized and independent and possesses a "can-do" attitude. She/he operates well in a team environment, is able to work with minimal direct supervision and has excellent communication skills and rigor. Prior experience should demonstrate practical knowledge of IT operations in a Hybrid computer environment, networking, storage, and IP-telephony. The individual must understand the importance of excellent customer service. MSCE or equivalent job experience is a plus.
- Design, implement, and manage internal corporate IT infrastructure.
- Contribute and oversee the operations and maintenance of IT infrastructure including virtualization environment (VMware), storage, email, file, multiplatform servers, computerized laboratory equipment, security and network infrastructure, backup and archival systems, disaster recovery and Internet connectivity.
- Design, implement, and manage Cloud, SaaS, and Managed Hosting infrastructure.
- Serve as a technical hands-on expert to the IT operations team.
- Responsible for network and server operations, system availability, and delivery of IT HelpDesk customer service.
- Responsible for IT processes and policies fulfillment, end user communications and help documentation, the fulfillment of regulatory compliance and change control.
- Ensure efficient communication and coordination between Business Information Systems and IT Operations groups.
- Administration of MS Active Directory, MS server’s infrastructure, GPOs, NPS and variety of MS Domain services.
- Day by day support of HPC scientific cluster infrastructure.
- Management and administration of cloud-based applications (Dotmatics, Concur, Netsuite, PointPurcahsing, Cobblestone, Silkroad, ADP, Google Apps, Amazon, and Google Cloud, Sophos, Global Meet, ADP, Azure, Okta and other company cloud services).
- Hardware and software support of MS Windows, Linux, Apple IOS and OSX servers and user devices, network, and storage equipment.
- Support and configuration of PBX and VOIP devices including office and conference phones, soft-phones.
- Management and troubleshooting of end-user security (Firewalls, VPN, antivirus, IDS, IPS, Logs monitoring).
- Administration and maintenance of backup systems (Code42, Commvault, and TimeMachine).
- Perform system installation, configuration, and patch management using KACE and SCCM.
- Technical support interfacing with customers on the phone and in-person.
Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly available applications or networks.
- In-depth knowledge of IT operations in a hybrid environment
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Microsoft systems including Active Directory, Windows, SQL, IIS.
- Expert knowledge of Apple (MAC) platform and solutions.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of virtualization technologies in a production environment.
- Experience with Compute Cloud Services, Cloud and Managed Hosting.
- Practical knowledge of at least one scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, VBScript or PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Linux OS or any other System V Unix OS.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN network architecture, protocols and technologies at CCNA level.
- Working knowledge of high availability environments.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, gDrive, and Visio)
Experience with NAS and SAN storage architecture, implementation and maintenance practices.
- In-depth understanding of network security, Firewalls, VPNs and data encryption techniques, VPNs, enterprise backup systems, hosted VoIP telephone systems, and the general processes centered around a scientific lab environment.
- Microsoft certifications preferred (MCSE/MCSA/MCP)
- Accuracy and responsibility, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours.
- Excellent time management, communication, written and customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative and highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, annual performance bonus, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply through the NGM Biopharmaceuticals website: http://www.ngmbio.com/careers/#SilkroadFrame