If you are interested in a long-term career with a well-established, growing organization consisting of a team of skilled and dedicated employees, you should consider an opportunity at Trans-Matic. We provide a full benefits package including medical/Rx, dental, vision, flex, life insurance, EAP, 401k with match, profit sharing program, vacation, tuition assistance, and much more.
Trans-Matic Manufacturing Company is an industry leader in deep drawn metal stampings, progressive die stampings and value added assembly solutions. We have 50 years of experience in deep drawn metal stamping with four locations providing solutions to customers here in the U.S. and around the world. We serve the automotive, lock hardware, compressor, appliance, fire prevention, medical, pharmaceutical and plumbing markets. Please check us out online at www.transmatic.com.
This is a night shift position with flexible hours. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years programming and operating Conventional EDM machines. Must have excellent workmanship standards, be willing to work overtime and strive to improve quality and manufacturing processes on a daily basis.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Operate equipment in a safe manner and promote safety.
- Coordinate tool flow through the system.
- Read and understand blueprints and basic knowledge of GD&T
- Inspects work using a variety of inspection equipment to precise tolerances and makes adjustments to machine and programs as necessary.
- Diagnostic machine troubleshooting.
- Maintain proper oil and lubricants.
- Maintain sufficient tools, cutters, and supplies to perform their operation.
- Maintain efficient program storage system.
- Update or delete tool programs as per print changes.
- Train new employees.
- Interface constant updating of new technology.
- Constant exchange of ideas with other tool room technologies.
- Keep toolroom equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Design and build proper fixtures for accurate and productive throughput of tooling.
- Consistently look for better ways to produce tooling.
- Learn tooling standards.
- Work with the production toolmakers in the process of continuous improvement.
- Be able to use the computer network to receive job related information
- Develop understanding of the presses and their functionality.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in CNC programming.
- Must be able to do own setups.
- Must have own tools.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to run all manual toolroom equipment.
- Ability to operate crane equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Journeyman card obtained in this field.