A global professional services firm seeks a Finance Manager to join their dynamic team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing, leading, and implementing various projects in the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Keeping abreast of various best practices in the market to ensure all department and practice goals and projects provide the firm with a competitive edge.
- Identifying and analyzing new methods to understand underlying firm performance, including the development of business models for multiple practice areas
- Providing high level financial and strategic support to the firm's legal departments and practice groups.
- Working with the firm's department and practice leaders to identify current performance and trends, compare them to future goals, and develop strategic business plans to meet established goals.
- Managing and facilitating business plan execution.
- Evaluating and analyzing strategic initiatives by initiating and directing research on competition, markets, geographies, and areas of law.
- Developing financial models and reporting to identify trends and issues. Formulating recommendations and strategies for improving performance.
- Monitoring progress against economic targets and goals and initiates follow-up, as needed.
- Analyzing client performance data to identify client opportunities.
- Performing ad-hoc analytics by becoming familiar with and using the firm's various data stores and analytic tools.
- Evaluating growth opportunities such as mergers and acquisitions, both with respect to economic performance and strategic fit.
- Facilitating internal communications and information delivery to decision-makers
- Completing projects and tasks on various issues when needed; maintaining flexibility as business requirements evolve
A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field is required, and an MBA is highly preferred. The successful candidate will have Six+ (6+) years of experience related to financial analysis and strategic planning. Two (2) years of supervisory/management experience is desired. Strong knowledge and proficiency of various information technology systems as well as PC applications, including MS Office. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required, and knowledge of Access and Business Objects is highly preferred