At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We’re focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value.
Enterprise Risk is dedicated to helping our clients identify, assess and manage financial, operational, compliance, IT and strategic risks across their enterprise to provide value to their business. As a part of the Enterprise Risk team, you will work hand-in-hand with senior team members to help clients manage their risks (and improve their organizational processes) through designing, establishing and maintaining an effective process, risk and control environment. As a trusted business advisor, EY assists our clients in assessing and responding to risks in both a consulting and assurance context. This dual perspective provides our consultants with an in-depth understanding of a company’s strategic priorities, business strategies, business and IT processes, operations, and corresponding risks and controls. We focus on a variety of industries including but not limited to: Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, Power & Utilities, Health Sciences & Wellness, Consumer, and Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications.
Candidates can elect to join the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice and will work exclusively with federal clients, as well as state and local agencies and higher education institutions.
Candidates can elect to join the Financial Services Organization (FSO) and will focus exclusively in financial services; they will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers.
Whether you choose to join GPS, FSO, or pursue a broader industry focus, you will gain foundational skills for a long career in our Consulting practice.
Your key responsibilities
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business and IT strategies as well as processes, to identify gaps or issues with risk management and control design elements
- Helping our clients’ design and implement risk management and internal control strategies to mitigate strategic, financial, operational and compliance risks
- Designing and executing tests of controls to support client management’s assessment of their internal controls
- Performing internal audits over specified areas (e.g., strategy, operations, finance, IT) of client businesses and drafting observations for inclusion in reports of findings and recommendations on how to improve processes and better mitigate risk
- Evaluating and assessing client operations to identify potential issues, performing root cause analysis and providing recommendations for remediation
- Monitoring and managing project and task status, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Building lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique business model, ambitions and problems to allow EY to deliver reliable, tailored support as a trusted business advisor
- Having a strong focus on developing a reputation as a trusted resource in your area by continuously updating your understanding of current business and industry trends through learning and development opportunities
- Communicating professionally and effectively, both verbally and written, with supervisors, team members, and client contacts
- Being accountable for assigned tasks including conducting consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables
- Engaging with your supervisor to understand and address feedback on work products and incorporating guidance into future performance
- Self-managing and reporting time and expenses related to project activities and tasks on daily and weekly basis
- Drafting illustrations of business and IT processes using flow charts, narratives or other technologies
- Developing controls testing strategy and approach
- Testing internal controls by reviewing and documenting relevant evidence to conclude on the design and operational effectiveness of controls and the overall control environment
- Assisting with the following activities in support of internal audit projects: risk assessment(s), audit planning and scoping, execution and documentation of business processes and/or IT systems, and audit reporting
- Corresponding with client contacts and supervisors to understand key concepts, support and conclusions
- Drafting components of client deliverables such as audit reports, risks assessments, and quality assessments
**What we look for **
- **You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. **What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Accounting with an emphasis in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Desire to work in the areas of risk management, internal controls and/or internal audit as demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, and may vary by location and can range between 40-60%
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS Outlook and MS Power Bi
- Willingness and ability to learn and work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships, both internally and with client stakeholders
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Integrity within a professional environment
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must have U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.