WHO ARE WE
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable
energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment
where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you
ambitious and results oriented? If so, Conti Solar is looking for you.
We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we
are looking for credible employees to help continue the growth and
success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. Conti has been a
leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW
and engineered, procured, and constructed well over 650MW of solar-PV
projects around the United States. We are rapidly growing our solar
division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
Conti Solar is jointly owned by Ares EIF and Conti Group. Ares EIF is
the power and energy infrastructure strategy within Ares' Private
Equity Group, with a 31-year track record of investing in assets and
companies in the power generation, transmission and midstream sectors.
During the last 15 years, Ares EIF has invested in nearly 9,000 MW of
greenfield generation and transmission projects, as well as 200 miles of
greenfield pipeline projects, representing over $11 billion of capital
costs. Ares Management, L.P. is a publicly traded, leading global
alternative asset manager with approximately $106 billion of assets
under management as of December 31, 2017 and more than 15 offices in the
United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The Conti Group is a
112-year old holding company which owns businesses, assets and invests
in development, engineering, construction, infrastructure, real estate,
renewable energy, logistics, software and healthcare.
FIELD ENGINEER - NEW JERSEY
The Field Engineer works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
This position is responsible for assisting the Project Engineer with shop drawings, submittals, scheduling of subcontractors and materials, meetings, as-built drawings, job cost, procurement and field operations.
This entry level position helps prepare an individual for opportunities in Project Engineering, Project Management, Superintendent, Estimating and other career paths within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Participates in the daily Task Safety Awareness and weekly Safety Meetings.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Properly tracks quantities on a daily basis and reconciles them each month for payment purposes.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Documents all Time and Material operations on a capture sheet and reconciles with the client on a daily basis
- Takes two site walks a day to communicate with and learn from Foreman and Superintendents about current operations.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team. Negotiates the best deal for cost, quality, and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Produces complete purchase orders after the conditions are approved by the Project Manager.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field
- Excellent Academic Credentials (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Ability and desire to learn and progress within your position
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS and Expedition software.
- Basic knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Must be open to travel or relocation
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
Conti Solar offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision. The benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after date of hire. We also offer life insurance, 401(K) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs, and many other optional programs.
Conti Solar is an equal opportunity employer.