SEEPEX Inc. is looking for an experienced MATERIAL PLANNER to join our team. The role of a Material Planner within SEEPEX is to define and develop material strategy for all inventories by analyzing, controlling, and ensuring accuracy of inventory balances through documentation, processes, procedure verification and system review.. This position interacts with all levels in the organization to resolve complex material issues and is crucial in making the organization competitive.
- Has primary responsibility for the cycle counting program. Perform counts; coordinate the cycle counting effort of the team; identify and track problems; report results; coordinate cost effective process changes to solve problems
- Analyze and process messages from ERP/MRP/ROP, investigate exceptions and alerts while managing MRP settings for materials
- Perform analysis on inventories based on specific classifications
- Generate reports for stock turns, inventory balances, and obsolete inventory while initiating programs to improve all metrics
- Maintains material forecast in the appropriate system/format. Relate the pace to stock levels to assist in developing a production plan
- Ensures materials meet production schedules
- Maintain master data as directed: lead times, lot sizes, procurement type, material creation
- Modifies production BOM’s and routings
- Reviews and generates purchase requisitions for all stocked inventory
- Works to ensure products encounter a zero stock-out rate
- Commit stock to orders, maintain promise dates and create/firm planned production orders
- Works closely with other departments to resolve complex material issues
- Assist in accomplishing the broad array of tasks needed to accomplish the daily materials management functions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in production/industrial environment with a well- developed basic business skill set managing and planning supply and demand.
- Candidates must possess experience working in an MRP/ERP environment; preferably with SAP
- The position requires a motivated person with strong problem solving skills who can self-start, work independently, identify the need for action and work with people from all departments/levels within the organization.
- Good communication and organizational skills are essential.
- APICS certification – CPIM or CSCP is preferred.
SEEPEX provides a performance oriented salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, SEEPEX provides a comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, life, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, an excellent 401(k) match, and career development opportunities in the international environment of a growing company.
SEEPEX Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in a drug-free environment.
Visit our website at www.seepex.com to learn about our products and services.