SUMMARY: The President is accountable for the overall operation and effectiveness of The Miami International University or Art & Design and its branch campuses (The Art Institute of Dallas & The Art Institute of Tampa). Ensuring quality education and a student focused environment that leads to improved student persistence and student / graduate success. Create strong community partnerships and community presence. An innovative leader, the President is continuously improving campus programming and operations to serve the needs of our student population. The President is committed to the institution-wide vision and mission, and is able to effectively communicate that mission and vision to internal and external stakeholders.
The President is accountable for key outcomes related to the strategic leadership of a campus, aligning campus goals and activities to the overall mission and vision of The Art Institutes. The President has a record of consistent achievement in establishing effective partnerships of mutual support with local businesses, academic institutions and communities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Incumbent must assure that the Art Institutes philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment, which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Ensuring a student focused environment through engagement with new and continuing students at all points of their academic experience, to provide support, remove obstacles, establish goals and identify / secure resources that enable students to complete their program of study.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all functional partners to ensure student success.
- Create strong community partnerships and community presence. Talent for fundraising. The ability to represent The Art Institutes compellingly to donors and to energize stakeholders to support and champion the institution.
- Participates in the development and execution on the vision and strategic direction for the institutions (in concert with Ai Miami BOT and Ai leadership guidelines) required to ensure academic excellence.
- Utilize key metrics to manage academic affairs operations at main and branch campus (Ai Dallas & Ai Tampa).
- Enhances, develops and implements campus-based, student centered academic and support services to promote student success and completion.
- Establishes the development and implementation of innovative, high quality educational programs and support programs with a focus on programs tied to local workforce needs. Assures compliance at all locations with federal, state and accrediting body standards and regulations, as well as adhering to Company policies and procedures. Collaborates with Accrediting and Licensing teams to maintain accreditation and strong relationships with accrediting body.
- Collaborates with human resources to hire, train and develop staff and faculty for all locations.
- Maintains a desirable, attractive and safe campus environment. Ensures facilities are well maintained and provides input to specification of lease requirements. Assesses campus resource needs and ensures that the resources are planned for, acquired and properly implemented; provides input on utilization of resources.
- Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships and alliances, including positive relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, the educational community, the local community of the campus, political and local business leaders.
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees, The Miami International University or Art & Design
SUPERVISES: Dean of Academic Affairs
JOB REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Prior experience with SACS accreditation and working with a Board of Trustees is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in non-profit education, with extensive experience in fundraising and community engagement initiatives.
- Some experience in business, preferable with prior P&L responsibility and strong customer service background.
- Ability to engage with students, faculty and staff on a daily basis and create a sense of commitment in a common goal.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Experience with computerized administrative systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate effectively, build and lead a team.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, academic journals, business reports and legal documents.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, public groups and boards of directors or trustees as applicable.
- The individual must be able to travel out of the local area to visit campuses and the corporate office and to participate in a variety of conferences and meetings.