DeVine is a leading provider of Technical and Scientific solutions for Federal, State and commercial clients. We're in the business of ensuring our employees' and clients' long-term success.
Our company is looking for a JAVA DEVELOPER to join our team in Seaside, CA, and current clearance is preferred. This position will be supporting a government customer, hence only US Citizens may apply.
The JAVA DEVELOPER will join DeVine, based at a leading identity management site for our Government client. If you have the relevant experience & attributes, and enjoy working in the Monterey area, then we want you on our team!
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Update and modify existing software programs, and perform testing and implementation tasks for new or updated functionalities
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software and help to reduce existing technical debt
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Participate in standups, retrospectives, and sprint planning activities
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- 3+ years’ experience in web and software development object-oriented analysis & design
- Experience developing J2EE applications and Web Services including performance turning and testing
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as TestNG, JMock, JUnit, DBUnit desired
- Experience with JBOSS and Web Logic application servers
- Experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard best practices such as SDLC, OOAD, and design patterns including for compiled and scripting programming technologies
- Experience in full software development life cycle production support methodologies and understanding of Agile development frameworks such as Scrum
- Solid knowledge of Oracle relational database structures.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail & excellent 'team player'
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Public Trust, Secret Clearance or higher preferred
- Current Security+ certification preferred
_About the position: _
Position Type: Full-time, Must be U.S. Citizen
Location: Seaside, CA
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave and PTO
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to a policy of assuring that all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of qualifications and merit without discrimination based on any protected classification, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Powered by JazzHR