Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Operational Planning Support Analysts to support operational planning, program management and technical consulting expertise to support the USAFE-AFAFRICA headquarters organizations and activities that are designed to enhance and improve actual mission performance within the dynamic environment of EUCOM’s assigned Area of Responsibility (AOR). The Operational Planning (OPLAN) Support Analyst will Advise and assist USAFE-AFAFRICA’s operational and strategic planners and assist in the development of current and future planning documents IAW JOPES.
- Assist with the planning guidance for the Global Force Management forces requested or attached to USAFE-AFAFRICA in the EUCOM AOR.
- Provide briefings to senior officers in person, via VTC and/or in writing on ongoing theater operations, planning issues, and exercises.
- Provide consulting in all aspects of operations planning for USAFE-AFAFRICA to include basing, force flow and integration into combined operations.
- Assist in the development and coordination of CJCS-directed deliberate plans during steady-state operations.
- Assist in deliberate and crisis response planning for the effective deployment of EUCOM theater response forces.
- Assist in the planning and sustainment of all aspects of TPFDD support for USAFE- AFAFRICA during current and future contingency and steady state operations to include exercise planning and execution.
- Assist in the development of contingency requirements based on current operations.
- Review current and future theater and service component OPLANS, CONPLANS, exercise plans, AF instructions, and joint publications. Make recommendations for changes/updates as required/requested.
- Assist in the conduct of theater level STRAT/TET/MAAP processes resulting in the development of on the shelf Air Tasking Orders and/or Air Battle Plans.
- Perform duties as a STO planner during contingency and deliberate planning efforts. Must have operational knowledge of the Joint Operational Planning Process for Air. Construct a plan, review steps for authorization and identify gaps within the secure IJSTO parameters towards eventual execution. Must have successfully completed the IJSTO Planning and Decision Aide System users’ course.
- Provide system specific training to assigned USAFE-AFAFRICA STO cleared personnel. Coordinate with the service provider on realistic capabilities/ expectations.
- Assist in the development of joint and coalition integration into C2 plans for future and contingency plans.
- Support planning and execution of Chairman, Joint Chief of Staff (CJCS), Combatant Command (COCOM), USUSAFE-AFAFRICA, and other component exercises in the EUCOM AOR.
- Assist in the development of exercise constructs to include: concept development, training audience, training and main exercise objectives, joint exercise control group operations, overall execution, and after action review.
- Organize and conduct meetings, conferences, briefings and site surveys in support of approximately seven CJCS and other command exercises annually.
- Develop and present exercise-related briefings to command leadership.
- Coordinate with HHQ, host nation partners and other commands in the development and execution of CJCS exercises.
- Deploy in support of the exercise project officer for CJCS, COCOM, USAFE- AFAFRICA and other component exercises as required/requested.
- Develop and publish formal exercise after-action reports in coordination with the
- USAFE-AFAFRICA Staff.
- Attend/participate in USAFE-AFAFRICA and other component exercise conferences, VTCs as directed. Conduct all administrative requirements to facilitate exercise planning, briefs, and travel.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the respective exercises with military service component and joint partners for assigned exercises.
- Develop and manage long range exercise schedules with ACC, USAFWC, and HAF.
- Review current operations, operational plans, AF instructions, and joint publications with the purpose of collating data and information.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- US Citizen
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Three years’ experience working in a numbered Air Force or component command staff or higher level or other service equivalent.
- Two years’ experience working with Nellis AFB operations, the Nellis Test and Training Range, or a graduate of the US Air Force Weapon School.
- High school diploma and 10 years' relevant experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years' relevant experience OR
- Master's degree and 3 years' relevant experience