SOFTWARE ENGINEER II POSITION (CONTRACT-TO-PERMANENT)
Location: Fort Collins, CO
We are looking for Software Engineer who have a broad skillset, willing to continuously learn new things, and make each project move forward.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Web Developer with a minimum of 2 years work experience using .NET framework. The position will require the development and delivery of custom Web applications from conceptualization to completion.
Specifically, we are looking for software and hardware engineers who can optimize workloads for future hardware designs, port workloads, create or run benchmarks.
• Collaborate within an Agile/Scrum development team including other software engineers, QA engineers, technical leads and product owners
• Assisting in the development, testing and documentation of GIS applications built on top of ESRI and their company’s software solutions
• Developing back-end services with .NET (ASP.NET, Azure)
• Design, develop, test and maintain software in conformance to company policies, standards and industry best practices
• Working and interfacing with development teams in different time zones and cultures
• BS in Computer Science, MS in CIS (or related field with strong computer emphasis)
• Work experience/knowledge developing applications with Microsoft .NET developer tools (C# in particular).
• Knowledge in all aspects of the software life cycle from definition, requirements analysis and design to implementation.
• Solid background and practical experience in object-oriented methodologies and design patterns.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices; team-based software development.
• Experience with test-driven development tools and practices.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of utility networks
• Knowledge of secure software development practices
• Experience with ESRI software including ArcGIS Desktop, Engine and/or Server
• Familiarity with RDBMS technology such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience with enterprise architectures (REST, Messaging)
Devoted Placement provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Devoted Placement complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.