Diamond Assets LLC is a national Asset Management organization, specializing in IT buy-back programs for organizations across the country. It is our mission to design programs that deliver a combination of aggressive pricing and exceptional service, allowing our clients to expand their technology sustainability plans.
JOB DESCRIPTION: POSITION: SHIPPING CLERK
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and able to work in a fast pace environment. This candidate will be assisting with domestic and international shipping for both outbound and inbound shipping. This position report to the Shipping Manager.
- Direct point of contact for UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, DHL and LTL and FTL freight carriers.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, commercial invoices, international shipping documents or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or record keeping purposes.
- Maintain up-to-date tracking on all shipments.
- Contact carrier representatives to schedule shipments or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, claims or nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and inventory of materials and supplies to maintain stock of packaging and shipping materials.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
- Deliver or route materials and facilitate team meetings with sales, finance, logistics and shipping departments.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Operate scales, scanner, pallet jack, pallet wrapper, and bander.
- Participate in continuous education
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2 years prior shipping experience preferred or degree in supply chain management, operations and/or other fields considered
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized and an independent worker
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs; must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and committed to managing problems through resolution
- Being adept with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary
- Experience with TMS is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus