Experienced in augmented reality? Do you couple the analytical mind of a programmer with the keen eye of an artist? Ready to help push the limits creating innovative AR experiences?
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Technical Artist with prototyper experience in 3D game production and asset creation. You will be working with the FACEBOOK AR/VR group, creating new AR experiences on emerging platforms that take advantage of recent advances in computer vision and machine learning.
Ideal candidates will have 2-5 years relevant work experience, but if you think you're right for this position, contact us; we'll listen.
- Prototype AR experiences in Unity
- Assist in authoring new shaders and prototype imaginative scenes for AR experiences
- Create amazing post-processing effects on a live video feed
- Develop new techniques to represent non-photorealistic styles
- Work with the Art Director to capture the vision of the concept art
- Provide and solicit feedback from designers and other stakeholders
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working on shipped titles in the game industry
- Solid experience building titles in Unity, including on Android
- Working knowledge of GLSL, HLSL or similar shading language
- Proficient in 3D graphics math and linear algebra, with practical knowledge of transformations using matrices, vectors, and quaternions
- Proficiency with standard content-creation tools including Maya, 3ds Max or Cinema 4D; Zbrush/Mudbox; Substance Painter; and Photoshop
- Familiarity with real-time graphics methods and constraints
- Experience with agile development practices, source control, and QA processes
- Excellent communication skills to work with multi-functional teams
- A link to an online portfolio or demo reel showcasing relevant work is required (include link on your resume)
- Strong application-, visual- and interaction-design sense, clearly demonstrated in your portfolio
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
This is a full-time position on-site in Menlo Park, with free transportation available from much of the Bay Area.
DIGITALFISH IS NOT ABLE TO SPONSOR IMMIGRATION PETITIONS FOR THIS ROLE AT THIS TIME. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!